Cream Legbar Club -- WWIT

It is going to be very difficult to prevent people from buying/selling EEs as Cream Legbars, at least the hens, because they look so much like the brown leghorn, which also looks like the EE girls that come from some of the hatcheries. Even those crosses may have crests if the gene is dominant.

As a matter of curiosity, does anyone know how many lines Greenfire has? I understood three is the minimum and I have two from them (red bands on the girls and blue band on the boy) none of these are crested nor are they producing crested chicks (obviously if the cresting gene is dominant and mine are double recessive.)

Ideally, I would like to breed to the UK standard and get rid of the AR that gives our boys too much chestnut in the wing and saddle. I really do prefer the lighter cream/creme look and it distinguishes them from a crele.

yippiechickie.gif
Hey, I only have my baby chicks right now, and I have to find out just what line they are from. But, put me in on the club.

checoukan great and welcome! Please PM me your info: name, address, phone number, email, CL stock and source, and any way you may be able to help out (talents and experience, etc). Anyone else who hasn't given me their info yet? Send it on in- all info will be kept confidential and for future club use only.

For those who don't see the behind-the-scenes work, we are getting VERY CLOSE to ironing out the club details privately, then we will be ready to share and open discussions! Some of the work is going on here if you are interested in checking it out: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/USCreamLegbarclubworkgroup/

Rinda

Anything new shaking here? Seems quiet for a few days. OK here's one of my new guys for fun! Now, just imagine there are another half dozen of them perched on the woodpile, because there were!

Hello,
I just have one male and one female. I don't know who sent them to me but I received 6 eggs in a egg swap. How should I go about finding out who sent them to me so I know where they came from? I to would like to join.

Hi Triplell,

Let me add my welcome. There are several places to get Cream Legbars. Lots of the folks here on the forum, Greenfire Farms and others...also MyPetChicken.com will have hatching eggs. But I think that the shorter days have reduced egg production in the Cream Legbar world....so it may be just a little while before there is a plentiful availability. I think that one of the objectives that the Cream Legbar Club will have is to provide a good listing of reliable sources.

Hey guys n gals,
I will b setting 18 CCL on Dec 11! I am so excited about this breed and improving them in the USA. When all gets going well and yall have fees etc set I would like to become a member and work with everyone to perfect this breed and get it recognized in the APA. That being said, I still have lots to learn about what we are striving for ex: hackle color, precise plumage color, comb etc. Any help is greatly appreciated so that when mine get to breeding age I can have a good eye on my selective breeding :)

Back
Top Bottom