Cream Legbar Club -- WWIT

OUTSTANDING! Great Job guys!
clap.gif

So sorry I haven't been able to respond to messages - we had three separate family emergencies over November and December. Hopefully everything is back on track for "normal!"

I'll be signing up soon, probably in late January. Still hoping to find a correct roo, but this little guy looks promising; not too much red showing up. He is so inquisitive and friendly too. Sometimes a little too friendly LOL!

And FINALLY, I have two girls with crests! (the orange chicks are German New Hamps.)

I'm curious now if your pullets were hatched from your chickens. If yes, then the crests were a dominant trait that showed up in the future generations of the originals that you had.

I have about 14-15 pullets and cockerels right now. Every one of them is very curious and friendly. I plan to breed especially for temperament, but then work on egg laying and lastly egg color. They are supposed to be blue eggs, but almost every egg I have seen has been more green in color.

Last edited:
I have about 14-15 pullets and cockerels right now. Every one of them is very curious and friendly. I plan to breed especially for temperament, but then work on egg laying and lastly egg color. They are supposed to be blue eggs, but almost every egg I have seen has been more green in color.
You are right and I agree that they look green, and then in some lights they look blue---and it is impossible to photograph. I guess if the shell is the same color on the inside as it is on the outside when freshly broken, then theoretically there isn't brown 'bloom' pigment coating the eggshell and thus that color of green is blue -- or more correctly from the blue-egg gene. (I'm conflused my self with this brilliant insight)--- We want those blue eggs and sometimes they are green-ish-bluish-green. :O|

I think people have gotten a variety of colors of blue and greenish blue and green, and that is something we need to study in the future.

Hello, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!

My hen and cockeral so far are real friendly and I hope they stay this way. My hen also has the crest and the eggs were a strong blue when I hatched them out. I am so eggsited(hehe) and can't wait for her to start laying. I plan on hatching out as many as I can to get a nice flock going. I also plan on taking them to the fair as I am sure I will be the only one with them. How do I go about getting a banner and pamphelets for them? My dues will be in the first week of January!!!

You are right and I agree that they look green, and then in some lights they look blue---and it is impossible to photograph. I guess if the shell is the same color on the inside as it is on the outside when freshly broken, then theoretically there isn't brown 'bloom' pigment coating the eggshell and thus that color of green is blue -- or more correctly from the blue-egg gene. (I'm conflused my self with this brilliant insight)--- We want those blue eggs and sometimes they are green-ish-bluish-green. :O|

I think people have gotten a variety of colors of blue and greenish blue and green, and that is something we need to study in the future.
I have been comparing them to the OACC and they almost all match closest to the green page.

Last edited:
Hello, I hope everyone had a great Christmas!!!
My hen and cockeral so far are real friendly and I hope they stay this way. My hen also has the crest and the eggs were a strong blue when I hatched them out. I am so eggsited(hehe) and can't wait for her to start laying. I plan on hatching out as many as I can to get a nice flock going. I also plan on taking them to the fair as I am sure I will be the only one with them. How do I go about getting a banner and pamphelets for them? My dues will be in the first week of January!!!
If you go to the Cream Legbar (temporary until our real website is up) Club Launch website on the 'more information ' page on the web, there is a pamphlet there that you can download. You could also put it on a device that shows PDFs ( I think, like a tablet if you wanted to carry it along...I may try that soon!) == It may be a bit tricky to print out if you want to make some flyers....It is two-sided, and you need to get some actual presentation paper -- about 48 pound paper....a bit heavier than most of the computer paper you buy. (Otherwise the sides coloring will bleed through and make it difficult to read at all)---- depends of course on your printer etc. -- If you aren't able to do that then PM me and I will print and send you one that you could possibly take to a copy shop like office depot or Kinkos, or a local printer if you have one.

Here is a link -- it's called 'the ABCs of Cream Legbars' -- As much as it is our first attempt, first pamphlet, there will (hopefully) be others in the future, we have a lot of very smart, creative people already in the club. Here is a link to the page....
https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarclublaunch/more-information
The brochure is toward the bottom left of the page..... with an adobe symbol -- you click it and it brings up the brochure......

Surprisingly, when I took that brochure to the bank to open the account for the club, the banker I was speaking with became very interested in our breed...so I guess it does give a good rudimentary overview.

I have been comparing them to the OACC and they almost all match closest to the green page.
You know.... I almost think we should start a 'catalog' of the colors - referenced back to OACC to see what we get..... I'm thinking now that Robin's eggs came in at -- drat, I forget now, and the color chart is at the other house.... I wish we had this recorded in an online database.... Maybe I will build a Google Drive doc that all the club members can use. Hmmm the wheels are turning.

I always hollow out and save the pullet's first egg.....crazy or sentimental? dunno. It would be so interesting to see the spectrum that we get in these eggs.

Last edited:
Thanks ChicKat,

I found the brochure and will try later on today to see if I can print it out. My hen is so pretty and gentle and the roo is still alittle researved but very nice too. I guess I was lucky to get the more gentle ones versus the crazy ones. They are small compared to my BA's yet so its easy to pick them out. I am so fasenated by this breed and never tire on reading about them on here.

I just hatched out 5 Cream Legbars. These are my first CLs, so I'm hoping for some backup help on sexing them. I see only one boy out of five. Am I missing one?

Back
Top Bottom