Cream Legbar Club -- WWIT

I just hatched out 5 Cream Legbars. These are my first CLs, so I'm hoping for some backup help on sexing them. I see only one boy out of five. Am I missing one?

Yeah. only a boy so far. but mostly due to his large not defined headspot. he dont seem to be at least a shade lighter than the hens, heck in the lat pic I see a lighter hen(bottom right) she looks to be of a different tone that the rest of the chicks.

lets look at this another way..

seen how these chicks have very simmilar chick down tone(none of them look diluted to me) what would happen if we take the ONLY other gender factor away? the large undifined headspot away? could we tell the chicks using their chick down color tone? I dont thinkso. and som may say, well my camara was off that day, well the same goes for all of the chicks on the pics, as they also were there.

here.. I modified the pic(not with photoshop but with paint)..

can you now tell which chick is a male or female going only by their chick down tone?

now lets do the same with other Cream Legbar chick(source https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/cream-legbar )

I took away his headspot. can you tell by their chick down color tone which on is the male?(answere is on the source link)

Last edited:
yeah, I was a little confused with the coloring as well. one is lighter than the others, but doesn't have the head spot. the one that has the spot is more of a blot than a well defined spot. they don't have the textbook coloring I was expecting, so i'm not completely sure.

I just hatched out 5 Cream Legbars. These are my first CLs, so I'm hoping for some backup help on sexing them. I see only one boy out of five. Am I missing one?

Such cute chicks. CONGRATULATIONS..... I would say that one boy is correct...unless the lighting is tricky. The back stripes and eyeliner are the giveaways for girls. You have a nice set of Cream Legbars to get you going.

yeah, I was a little confused with the coloring as well. one is lighter than the others, but doesn't have the head spot. the one that has the spot is more of a blot than a well defined spot. they don't have the textbook coloring I was expecting, so i'm not completely sure.
The white spot on the head of your boy looks a bit like the number 8 or the letter B. I had one that looked like a heart, and one that looked like an arrow...(Hence their names Heart and Arrow)

Wow, is it already the middle of January?? Is time going as fast for you as it is for me?

We already have over 30 people who have gone to our temporary site and enrolled in the club. The club is gearing up for the first meeting...and trying to get some fun contests going to be held on line.....

If you want to be a charter member...this link will take you to the launching enrollment site, in use until our better site is up

https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarclublaunch/

also if you have ideas for what you would like to see the club do, for contests you would like to have etc...please go to that 'contact us' page - and enter your ideas.

Thanks!

Everyone who was so helpful in this thread...it really is a club. So I guess we have to chalk it up to a successful formation. (did I already say that?) cheers.

just enrolled! associate for now but well soon update to full membership.
Hooray....glad that you came on board. That strategy is a good one too. It will keep you in the loop for all the announcements...but although it won't allow voting on 'club business' until full member, most of the early business will be things like approving the Constitution etc. Bigger decisions will probably be later in the time-line of the club. Welcome!

CALLING ALL CREAM LEGBAR AFECTIONADOS!

It has been determined that the first ever quarterly meeting of the Cream Legbar Club will take place online on Saturday, February 2, at 7 AM PST, 8 AM MST, 9 AM CST, 10 AM EST. The meeting will run for one hour. You MUST be a paid member of the cream legbar club to attend the meeting and vote on club business. Associate members will receive meeting minutes within a few days after the meeting. Those who have already signed up keep an eye on your e-mail for more details of the meeting. IF YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING you will be allowed to send in your votes to [email protected] up to three days before the meeting. Again watch your e-mail for the details!

We have some exciting things planned- contests (WITH QUARTERLY PRIZES!), banners to be shared for shows, a new website coming soon, and the first quarterly newsletter. We have been SUPER busy getting things lined up but are so glad it is HERE! (And if you still want to help trust me we have plenty of room for you- message me and I will put you to work!)

Hope to see you there!

Rinda Myers
acting Secretary
Cream Legbar Club
https://sites.google.com/site/creamlegbarclublaunch/

Back
Top Bottom