Cream Legbar pullet or cockerel chick?

I think it looks like a pullet...it may be lighter red/barred than the others. I have one of those with lighter red barring and was a lighter chipmunk as a chick.

LofMc

Last edited:
The pics are a little hard for sexing (though CL should be easily sexable) but every time I look at these pics Im not sure why but I am tempted to say the middle chick is male, I could be wrong though, It could just be an indistinct female.

Last edited:
Sorry...where's my brain today...you are saying Cream Legbar...I'm thinking Rhodebar.

Yes, that could very well be a Cream Legbar male...they often are pale chipmunk compared to the dark chipmunk of the girl.

So I think it could be male...especially with the light eye mark. I'm calling male on that one (now that I've got my brain on the right autosexing -bar type breed)

LofMc

Last edited:
Sigh, I guess it's time to wait for the first crow or the first egg!
I don't breed chickens so no need to worry about the forward hatches--but I did very specifically and at huge cost order Auto sexed pullets. Two out of four being male? A joke!

Not that I'm bitter. It's not the chicks fault!

Sigh, I guess it's time to wait for the first crow or the first egg!
I don't breed chickens so no need to worry about the forward hatches--but I did very specifically and at huge cost order Auto sexed pullets. Two out of four being male? A joke!

Not that I'm bitter. It's not the chicks fault!

Then you should have recourse...auto sexed means you should have gotten what you wanted...did it say straight run? Or pullets only?

There is no reason to get roosters if you ordered auto sexed pullets only...they should refund then.

LofMc

I was refunded for the first chick that was both male and died. But the judge is out on this one!

Back
Top Bottom