Cream Legbar Working Group: Standard of Perfection

Quote:
Double Barring will Dilute a gold only male's hackle to a straw color, that is if the bird is not enhanced... example Henk's Crele Dutch Bantam(lacking cream and red enhancers)
and to point out how strong is double barring on gold, here is Henks single barring progeny of that homozygous male crossed to gold dutch female Henk's single barred Crele males(only one copy of the sex linked barring gene)
500x1000px-LL-d4272b95_HeterozygousCrele1.jpeg

Oops silly touch screen...
Anyways thanks for posting this with pics the visual really helped me understand why my rooster looked so very very gold!

I got a crazy small egg from a bantam pullet today...the one on the right is a chuckar egg and of course my two legbar eggs...very pale pale powder blue.

Wow I have to say thank you for this too. These pictures are amazing. Sorry for this question as I should have picked this up by now.. But is double barring not possible on female CL?

Wow I have to say thank you for this too. These pictures are amazing. Sorry for this question as I should have picked this up by now.. But is double barring not possible on female CL?
.. I am still amazed with this. Does this mean a CL rooster that appears cream could just be double barred? And there is really no way to know visually? Sorry I've been out a while and now shocked to see this!

Quote:
ONLY if he lacked Any Red Enhancers, just how Henks double barred Crele Dutch Bantam looks like.... here is his Crele Dutch Bantam(his single barred males can be found on this forum, I have posted them a few times to ilustrate the difference)

The thing is, Most Legbars are red enhanced, and the ones that are Not red enhanced and also carry cream on top, creating a double dilution effect(B/B, ig/ig), these birds would look Near Silver and some of you guys dont like that..

Last edited:
Quote:
ONLY if he lacked Any Red Enhancers, just how Henks double barred Crele Dutch Bantam looks like.... here is his Crele Dutch Bantam(his single barred males can be found on this forum, I have posted them a few times to ilustrate the difference)

The thing is, Most Legbars are red enhanced, and the ones that are Not red enhanced and also carry cream on top, creating a double dilution effect(B/B, ig/ig), these birds would look Near Silver and some of you guys dont like that..
The more silver look has grown on me because I only like the cream colored hens. So if that means roosters that will produce those hens 100% of the time will look silver then I'm ok with it

Back
Top Bottom