Cream Legbars Show!

ladyfaeden

Songster
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
St. Helens, Oregon
I'm started this mainly to be able to see lots of pictures of these all in one spot. Here are the rules:

1. All BYC rules apply
2. Pictures must be submitted on or before September 1, 2012
3. Voting will occur by polls between September 2 and October 1, 2012. Judging will be according to the standard where applicable. I will pick the top 10 for each category to put into the poll to make the voting easier. (I will not be entering my own birds and I have taken livestock judging classes...)
4. Entrys must include age of chickens in picture.
5. You can submit up to three pictures of your entry. (I recommend a side shot and 1 close up of each side of head). Limit of 3 entries per category per person. If you are entering a single bird in more then one category, just list the categories with the one entry. A single chicken cannot be entered twice, except for the chick photo (you can't enter a chicken in both the juvenile and 20+ weeks categories, we will be on the honor system though because I won't be able to tell)
6. One enty per post-we will be using the post number as identification.
7. WInners get: Bragging rights.

Please remember we can only judge what we can see, if you are entering for comb, please make sure you include pictures of both sides of it. The Color category needs a full side shot.

Categories:

1. Best group of chicks (under 5 days old)
2. Best Juvenile-pullet 5-14 weeks
3. Best Juvenile-cockeral 5-14 weeks
4. Best Comb-Roo 20 weeks or older
5. Best Comb-Hen 20 weeks or older
6. Best Crest-Roo 20 weeks or older
7. Best Crest-Hen 20 weeks or older
8. Best Color-Hen 20 weeks or older
9. Best Color-Roo 20 Weeks or older
10. Largest Roo-20 weeks or older, must include a reference in the pic, like a ruler in one of the shots

There will also be best of show for hen and roo, everyone will automatically be entered.

There is no 15-19 week category to encourage people to wait and enter the mature category. I initially was going to have only the chick photo and the mature group but decided to do a single juvenile group for the people who won't have mature chickens by the time the contest ends.

I've decided not to do eggs due to color being so dependant on photography technique and lighting.

A link to the standard will be provided to aid in judging.

Sample Entry: (If I was actually in the contest I would include a close up side shot of both sides of his head).

Sex: Rooster
Categories: 4, 9
Picture:

Last edited:
Just a couple more hours to get entries in. Since there are not more then 10 entries for any category, everyone will be entered in the polls for everyone to judge. I've decided to also judge them myself and offer a prize to whoever has the entry that I think is the best of the show. The prize will be 6+ eggs-winner's choice of Cream Legbar or Swedish Flower. I'm sorting through the entries now, it will probably take a day or so to get everything sorted out, I will let this thread and the cream legbar thread know when the judging is open.

Category 1 .Boy Drinking and Girl looking away behind tomatoe plant. With the two sisters eating. Right at five days old, if i got it right.
big_smile.png

30473aba_IMG_1018.jpeg

Same boy with same girl napping.

f3f3ba74_IMG_0982.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom