Cream Legbars Show!

The contest is going on for a couple more months so that everyone will be able to enter their chickens if they want to.
smile.png
If I have a picture of my cockerel at the young age, would that qualify in that age category? Then a different picture at his current age in a different age category? I'm thinking that it wouldn't but I wanted to ask anyway. Oh............ and thanks for putting on the contest.

what I'm trying to understand could I enter him in the best juvenile cockerel with a picture of him from say April Let's say 12-weeks and a picture of him now at 20+ weeks. I apologize if this is a dense question. LOL

Thanks~

If I have a picture of my cockerel at the young age, would that qualify in that age category? Then a different picture at his current age in a different age category? I'm thinking that it wouldn't but I wanted to ask anyway. Oh............ and thanks for putting on the contest.

what I'm trying to understand could I enter him in the best juvenile cockerel with a picture of him from say April Let's say 12-weeks and a picture of him now at 20+ weeks. I apologize if this is a dense question. LOL

Thanks~
No, its a valid Question.
smile.png
The main reason I put in a Juvenile category was for the people in September who didn't have chickens old enough to enter the older group. The picture posted could have been taken at any time and the chicken doesn't even still have to be alive to win. I will make a clarification because if everyone enters their chickens in both the mature and juvenile group, the juvenile group will be huge. I would perfer everyone enter one chicken per post, and while you can enter them in as many categories as applicable, all the pictures of that chicken need to be the same age. You cannot enter that same chicken again, with the exception of the chick picture.

To answer the other question other people are having: The gap where there is no ability to enter your chicken is to encourage you to wait until your chicken is at least close to mature to enter them. I also didn't want to judge multiple juvenile categories or pit 5 week olds against 19 week olds. It seemed like everyone would be able to either wait and enter a mature picture, or plan on entering a picture of a juvenile, or enter a picture of a group of chicks. Hope that makes sense. I didn't expect anyone to be upset about the categories this early in the show, there is lots of time to let the chickens grow up.

I am not upset. I finally got some good pictures of the flock and was excited to post them and then realized that they,like my daughter are tweeners.
roll.png
I wondered if you forgot a catagory but your explanation makes sense. Hopefully they will pose for me again in a couple of weeks.
I didn't expect anyone to be upset about the categories this early in the show, there is lots of time to let the chickens grow up.

Quote: ChicKat your rooster is gorgeous!!!! Any chance you have a beautiful hen to go with him and would be willing to sell a few eggs? He's one of the most beautiful roosters I've ever seen.

ChicKat your rooster is gorgeous!!!! Any chance you have a beautiful hen to go with him and would be willing to sell a few eggs? He's one of the most beautiful roosters I've e`seen.
Thank you DuckyGirl,

I think you are right. Cream Legbar roosters are very eye-catching. I will be posting hen pictures here shortly. It is a very interesting breed!!!

I'm started this mainly to be able to see lots of pictures of these all in one spot. Here are the rules:

1. All BYC rules apply
2. Pictures must be submitted on or before September 1, 2012
3. Voting will occur by polls between September 2 and October 1, 2012. Judging will be according to the standard where applicable. I will pick the top 10 for each category to put into the poll to make the voting easier. (I will not be entering my own birds and I have taken livestock judging classes...)
4. Entrys must include age of chickens in picture.
5. You can submit up to three pictures of your entry. (I recommend a side shot and 1 close up of each side of head). Limit of 3 entries per category per person. If you are entering a single bird in more then one category, just list the categories with the one entry. A single chicken cannot be entered twice, except for the chick photo (you can't enter a chicken in both the juvenile and 20+ weeks categories, we will be on the honor system though because I won't be able to tell)
6. One enty per post-we will be using the post number as identification.
7. WInners get: Bragging rights.

Please remember we can only judge what we can see, if you are entering for comb, please make sure you include pictures of both sides of it. The Color category needs a full side shot.

Categories:

1. Best group of chicks (under 5 days old)
2. Best Juvenile-pullet 5-14 weeks
3. Best Juvenile-cockeral 5-14 weeks
4. Best Comb-Roo 20 weeks or older
5. Best Comb-Hen 20 weeks or older
6. Best Crest-Roo 20 weeks or older
7. Best Crest-Hen 20 weeks or older
8. Best Color-Hen 20 weeks or older
9. Best Color-Roo 20 Weeks or older
10. Largest Roo-20 weeks or older, must include a reference in the pic, like a ruler in one of the shots

There will also be best of show for hen and roo, everyone will automatically be entered.

There is no 15-19 week category to encourage people to wait and enter the mature category. I initially was going to have only the chick photo and the mature group but decided to do a single juvenile group for the people who won't have mature chickens by the time the contest ends.

I've decided not to do eggs due to color being so dependant on photography technique and lighting.

A link to the standard will be provided to aid in judging.

Sample Entry: (If I was actually in the contest I would include a close up side shot of both sides of his head).

Sex: Rooster
Categories: 4, 9
Picture:
Y'know, as I see how gorgeous this colorful rooster IS, I am leaning toward the USA...going for more color (than the UK) in the SOP when/if we eventually get there. :O)

Back
Top Bottom