Cream Legbars

Awww Harold is such a cutie pie!

thanks! i just realized i probably posted his earlier pictures in the legbar thread, not this one (can't keep them straight) -- he's VERY sweet, and his comb & wattles are HUGE compared to the other cockerels (one isbar, one marans) his age. thankfully they all get along still, and no one has started crowing yet...

Last edited:
Awww Harold is such a cutie pie!
X2

love.gif

Nearly through with the first hatch that went through the power outage... the power outage would have been from day 12 to day 13. Anyone know about general defects in chicks caused by low temps? I'm guessing that's what happened to this poor little one. I've got 4 boys and 2 girls out of 8 eggs set, which is actually pretty impressive considering the overnight power outage. All 5 EE eggs hatched under a broody, and I'm still waiting on the Isbars to finish up, probably going to have just over 50% hatch on those. The Black Copper Marans and Ameraucanas are going to be dismal hatch rates though.

Normal side of face-

Deformed side of face- no eye

Beak is noticably crossed. Even her head stripe is crooked.

How sad to only get two girls and one is deformed. :( I know I need to put her down it is just to hard to.

Here are 3 of the 4 boys from the hatch, displaying the range of colors I see in my hatches- cinnamon tinted, dark gray, and light gray. I've tagged the light gray one to grow out.

And Kestlyn you were asking about Hugger X green band pullet offspring? Here is one, in the center with super creamy hackles!
yesss.gif
The two gold girls on the left are being shipped to a layer home in Virginia on Monday.

Not the greatest photo but it gives you a whole body shot:

Here she is the one in the middle slightly left of center:

Back
Top Bottom