Cream Legbars

It's really a puzzler for just that reason...plus size and attitude (lay it on it's back in your palm and it just lays there, super calm). Points to hen.

The presence of both female and male type feathering on the same bird is confusing.

These are my first CLs and I appreciate your suggestions or thoughts.

It's really a puzzler for just that reason...plus size and attitude (lay it on it's back in your palm and it just lays there, super calm). Points to hen.

The presence of both female and male type feathering on the same bird is confusing.

These are my first CLs and I appreciate your suggestions or thoughts.

My first thought was pullet, but the comb is pretty tall and the barring is trowing me..., If this was a big money bet... I'd go play the ponies

Not sure if it was this thread but someone had a pullet that had an enlarged comb and even tried to crow. It never laid an egg but when culled and cut open it had all it's girl parts. They were leaning on her having high production of testosterone .

Not sure if it was this thread but someone had a pullet that had an enlarged comb and even tried to crow. It never laid an egg but when culled and cut open it had all it's girl parts. They were leaning on her having high production of testosterone .

May have been @GaryDean26 I posted a picture of a hen with a masculine face and large comb and mentioned I would not be breeding her and he was telling me about a similar case he had. Going to put this one in a quarantine pen in a week or two and see if she is laying. If so she will be sold as a layer. If not I guess we have soup.

When I worked in the commercial breeding houses for Tyson, The owner had a name they called hens like that. But for the life of me, I can not remember the word they used. He would use a "chicken catcher" to grab them by the leg to remove them from the flock. There would be 2 or 3 of them every time Tyson brought a new flock. These 'hens' were removed because they did not lay........

Thank you!!! I was thinking I don't care if it bores the rest of you! I need to show it off to someone who doesn't think I am a crazy chicken lady. Or if they do... They like me for it. :)

My new little legbar flock.

Back
Top Bottom