Cream Legbars

@ChicKat one Me(d)Cre egg is zipping and 2 of the show team eggs are pipped! The 2 show team ones are ones with detached air cells too so they are upright in cartons, I am anxiously awaiting them to zip lol

@chicken pickin none of yours are pipped yet, but since they went in a day late I bet they will start in the morning :) 2 of the JR eggs are also upright in cartons

@ChicKat one Me(d)Cre egg is zipping and 2 of the show team eggs are pipped! The 2 show team ones are ones with detached air cells too so they are upright in cartons, I am anxiously awaiting them to zip lol

@chicken pickin none of yours are pipped yet, but since they went in a day late I bet they will start in the morning :) 2 of the JR eggs are also upright in cartons
fl.gif
I hope you have a great hatch! I wish you luck. Keep us updated.

wee.gif
Hope you have a fabulous hatch. Yay!!

The male on the right of the trio has lots of brothers, and I can assure you they are not silver by any stretch of the imagination. They do have excellent barring though and very nice yellow legs. This offspring shares a foundation rooster with the pullets in the pic, but that's a few generations back.

The girls are from the same cream rooster, but different hens. The hens are also sisters, one is double for cream and doesn't show red or gold; good example of a little red goes a long way. Of course the double cream hen has a small crest, there's always something to work on...

Just for fun, here's a few more pics.
The chick on the left with feathers, all girl.

each girl with their corresponding brother

the same two brothers

a sister from an earlier test hatch who is somewhere in-between the other two
Thanks these are great photos !! I see much more. beautiful babies that is for certain.

I do flip-flop about my rooster and sometimes my foundation hen -- one reason is the brassy color that their hackles become in the sun bleaching. I think that Flyingmonkeypoop said that his chicken's hackles get lighter in the sun -- mine get really caramel colored I think (which is what started me thinking silver.) I do think that the baby females have a definite warmer tone than the baby boys...

And I love love love seeing pictures of baby chicks. Thanks for posting.

Well I have 1 baby hatched and 2 more zipping, but another one that has been halfway zipped since around 8 this morning. It is breathing and I can see the beak which I know are good signs...but it still has made no progress. When I go and tap on the incubator by it it moves and peeps. I wan a help the little one, but I know I shouldn't just yet :(

Looks like a sunny day at your coop!
What's her name?

it poured all morning and then the sun came up and the end of the day was sunny and beautiful! we deserve it hahaha i'm in NY and it snowed a few weeks ago blech!!! her name is Madame Tussaud :) (she was supposed to have a crest lol)

Back
Top Bottom