Cream Legbars

Those hatch rates are like mine when I was using little giant incubators.
If you are serious and cant budget a cabinet....the GQF 1588 Will give you excellent hatch rates.

How do you budget for all the chicks you hatch?!
That's the conundrum around here =) My coops have gone from "creative" to "jails", according to my husband.

That's the conundrum around here =) My coops have gone from "creative" to "jails", according to my husband.
lol.png
Sounds like my place right now. I prefer to call it " protective custody"
JAIL.gif

Well a cabinet isn't in my future (any time soon). I have an assembly line of coops planned. Most of which is complete (at least Im staying a half step ahead of the line)

Ultimate goal is a set of pens to rotate the younger birds through till they either end up in the Layer, Breeding Line or Processing pens.

1 brooder hatch to 4 weeks
1 brooder 4-8 weeks
2 outside brooders 1 male & 1 female 8-12 weeks
2 grow out pens 1 male & 1 female 13- 16 weeks
1 Batchelor pad 16+ weeks

males as separated as soon as known after 8 weeks.

Start hatching around Feb till June should give me good selection for next years breeders.

We shall see.

Hi everyone heres rooster number 2.
hes alot creamer than my first cl rooster. Can anyone shed any light on this, ofcourse the breeder said he was pure. What do you all think? Hes definetly more.vocal.

I found.out that perhaps i put the rooster with the hens too young or perhaps the layer pellets have a hormone in them. I should be feeding breeder pellets.

Hi everyone heres rooster number 2. hes alot creamer than my first cl rooster. Can anyone shed any light on this, ofcourse the breeder said he was pure. What do you all think? Hes definetly more.vocal.

I found.out that perhaps i put the rooster with the hens too young or perhaps the layer pellets have a hormone in them. I should be feeding breeder pellets.

I really liked him from this angle he somewhat reminded me of my Cream boys at home but after you posted that second pic you can clearly see he is missing his chest barring and way to white. I'm sorry I don't think he is even a pure Cream Legbar
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom