Cream Legbars

I took this picture of this pretty little hen at the Bluebonnet classic last weekend.

The tag says "Holds tail high, but Good Legbar". The last picture she had just been put back in her cage and was looking rather pleased as he wrote "Best LF Hen" on her cage. It is hard to tell in these pictures but she was gold. All 3 entered were. She was entered in the Continental class.

Last edited:

Took pics tonight between cleaning their room and boxes..

Above is my lightest pullet so far. Her crest is lighter, but all three look to be the same shade of lovely cream.

This cockerel is my favorite so far.

A lot of pics. I promise I didn't post them all. It's hard not to be excited about them when you first get them.

I took this picture of this pretty little hen at the Bluebonnet classic last weekend.

The tag says "Holds tail high, but Good Legbar". The last picture she had just been put back in her cage and was looking rather pleased as he wrote "Best LF Hen" on her cage. It is hard to tell in these pictures but she was gold. All 3 entered were. She was entered in the Continental class.
Ahh....I love that show. I wish I could have been there. Did you happen to get a list of exhibitors to see who showed the cream legbars? I knew and worked with many of the Texas breeders when I lived there. It would love to know who was showing at that show. Oh and for anyone who is reading this that doesn't know, the Cream Legbar will be in the English Class (not Continental).

Above is my lightest pullet so far. Her crest is lighter, but all three look to be the same shade of lovely cream.

A lot of pics. I promise I didn't post them all. It's hard not to be excited about them when you first get them.

Very pretty birds. Love the crest in the first picture. Who's the cute little boy enjoying the chick?

Everytime you post pictures I am surprised at how much they have changed! I don't blame you for being excited. Keep posting! Very pretty!

Ahh....I love that show. I wish I could have been there. Did you happen to get a list of exhibitors to see who showed the cream legbars? I knew and worked with many of the Texas breeders when I lived there. It would love to know who was showing at that show. Oh and for anyone who is reading this that doesn't know, the Cream Legbar will be in the English Class (not Continental).

According to the paper I have this hen was shown by Aubrie Caldwell. I did not see any CLs in the English class. They may have been there and I missed them. But the card clearly shows this bird was shown in the Continental class.

According to the paper I have this hen was shown by Aubrie Caldwell. I did not see any CLs in the English class. They may have been there and I missed them. But the card clearly shows this bird was shown in the Continental class.

I'm sure it was in the Continental Class, as most people don't know that they should be in the English Class. At shows, if it isn't in the Standard, it can end up in any number of classes. It's just good that they are being shown. More than likely the owner(s) of the birds put them in that class or the show Committee didn't know and thought Continental was the correct Class.

Walt

I'm sure it was in the Continental Class, as most people don't know that they should be in the English Class. At shows, if it isn't in the Standard, it can end up in any number of classes. It's just good that they are being shown. More than likely the owner(s) of the birds put them in that class or the show Committee didn't know and thought Continental was the correct Class.

Walt

I found it strange too. I think it was a catch all. Beside the CLs was a pure white Polish bird. While I was observing the judge was narrowing it down to the CL & the Polish. He picked the CL . He said the Polish was just a little on the small side. I was able to ask a question regarding the crest. Unfortunately there were no CL roosters there. I believe it was probably the committee, as the shower was also showing in the Jr.class.

Back
Top Bottom