Cream Legbars

Hi all. I have recently hatched some cream legbars, they are lovely little birds, the only light breed I have and they are flying very well. I hatched 4, I think I have one cockerel, it hatched very pale, I have heard pale males are good breeding stock. I started a thread about this chick and posted some updates today and it was noted by @duluthralphie that it had a white breast, this doesn't seem right for the breed, I would love some more opinions in the chick. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...llets-and-a-super-pale-cockerel#post_16575195
I am also unsure about one of the "pullets" any advice on either matter or any other would be well appreciated. Thanks.

I am from the UK so this is not the GFF line. I git the eggs from a seller on eBay, I don't know anything about the line.

Last edited:
Hi all. I have recently hatched some cream legbars, they are lovely little birds, the only light breed I have and they are flying very well. I hatched 4, I think I have one cockerel, it hatched very pale, I have heard pale males are good breeding stock. I started a thread about this chick and posted some updates today and it was noted by @duluthralphie that it had a white breast, this doesn't seem right for the breed, I would love some more opinions in the chick. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...llets-and-a-super-pale-cockerel#post_16575195
I am also unsure about one of the "pullets" any advice on either matter or any other would be well appreciated. Thanks.

I am from the UK so this is not the GFF line. I git the eggs from a seller on eBay, I don't know anything about the line.

This chick does not appear to be a cream legbar, maybe a mix or another breed all together. Male CL chicks should be gray and white barred

Do you have pictures of your other chicks?

There are pictures on the thread I linked to. I will post some here too. The others are definitely CL and they all hatched from the same blue eggs, it could be a mix though. I believe the seller only keep barred Wyandotte bantams other than CL..

Last edited:
Yes, I assumed it was a CL so the pale colour at hatch has me thinking it is a male. If there is something else in the mix then the sex is unknown to me.

Back
Top Bottom