Cream Legbars

If you look at the date of the first posts they are all in 2011, that was the first year CLB's became available, there was only one place to get them. Greenfire.

All of our CLB's came from there. Even the ones we are hatching and selling to each other now came from there.

Just depends on when they came from there and what line they are now.

If you look at the date of the first posts they are all in 2011, that was the first year CLB's became available, there was only one place to get them. Greenfire.

All of our CLB's came from there. Even the ones we are hatching and selling to each other now came from there.

Just depends on when they came from there and what line they are now.
Yes I know all CLBs come from 11 birds. Greenfire is local for me and it is where I buy my birds.

Last edited:
That must be tempting...
I love Greenfire. Tell me that one day I won't WANT more chickens!
wink.png

Last edited:
I feel like I am always behind on this thread now but I wanted to post a couple of pics of the CLB pullets I purchased as chicks from Papa's Poultry last October.

I can't get chicks from Greenfire because I am on a dry ice route so I had been looking around for a few chicks to add to my flock. I tried shipped eggs but I wasn't having much luck.

Anyhoo, I am pretty pleased with these two. No lacing on their breasts (which some of mine have), nice crests, decent type and decent color, they also very clearly looked female as day olds. They have just started laying at 21 weeks (or thereabouts). The eggs are a little greener than my group but nice still. I am just putting this out there in case people have been looking for chicks and can't buy from Greenfire or aren't interested in the Rees line.

I feel like I am always behind on this thread now but I wanted to post a couple of pics of the CLB pullets I purchased as chicks from Papa's Poultry last October.

I can't get chicks from Greenfire because I am on a dry ice route so I had been looking around for a few chicks to add to my flock. I tried shipped eggs but I wasn't having much luck.

Anyhoo, I am pretty pleased with these two. No lacing on their breasts (which some of mine have), nice crests, decent type and decent color, they also very clearly looked female as day olds. They have just started laying at 21 weeks (or thereabouts). The eggs are a little greener than my group but nice still. I am just putting this out there in case people have been looking for chicks and can't buy from Greenfire or aren't interested in the Rees line.

They are very pretty and the same age as mine. Mine were born 10/05/15, You can tell from the pics you are in Big Sky country!

Last edited:

I do see nice examples of type and color.
Also enjoy seeing the different settings around the country.

We definitely had a beautiful 1st day of Spring here!

Our afternoon was great here. The only fly in our Spring day was my hatching. I have 24 CLB's that were suppose to hatch yesterday. Not one hatched. I have two hatchers, the one has CLB eggs, the other has different breeds. The other is through almost through hatching and the CLB's have not started! I did candle this AM and they are alive in the eggs and one has pipped. SO hopefully today. I had told some customers they could get their CLB chicks today. So the birds are making a liar out of me.

Today should be another great day!

Back
Top Bottom