Create a high percentage Spalding Bronze.

Dany12

Crowing
12 Years
Aug 20, 2011
Hungary
Capture bronze spalding.PNG

What do I see ...
A peacock high percentage spalding Bronze color.

What do I need as a starting 'material'?

1 - a peahen IB Bronze that brings color.
2 - a peacock Pavo muticus who brings the 'green' blood.
Five steps.

First cross :
Pavo muticus X IB Bronze ► all peachicks are 50% Spalding (50% green blood) Split Bronze (one gene Bronze).Those birds are spalding color 'green'.

Second cross :
Cross sisters and brothers ► all are splading 50% color Bronze.

Third cross:
Splading 50% Bronze X Pavo muticus ► all peachicks are spalding 75% (75% green blood) Split Bronze (one gene Bronze).Those birds are spalding color 'green'.
.... like this one .

emerald.JPG

Fifth cross:
Cross sisters and brothers ► spalding 75% split Bronze x spalding 75% split Bronze ► Spalding Bronze 75% ( like the first picture).

BINGO !

One ... two ... errors?
In fact, it's simple ... but it takes time!

The number of cull birds you end up with is something to consider. Peronally I think the peafowl world would be better off if spaldings ceased to exist but unfortunately they are here to stay.

It is unfortunate that the higher you go in high Spaulding birds the colors are ruined. Bronze is not Bronze anymore, same with Purple, Peach, etc. They just end up getting muddy looking.
:eek:
I never heard that!
Other breeders noticed this?
The color is diluted ... is not so clear?
There are pictures ?

The number of cull birds you end up with is something to consider. Peronally I think the peafowl world would be better off if spaldings ceased to exist but unfortunately they are here to stay.

:eek:
I usually say .... spalding is the future of the peacock!
In my stages ... 'creation of spalding Bronze' ... do you call 'cull birds' green spaldings split bronze?
Maybe there are more 'cull birds' in the creation of the patterms but it's often because people produce birds by chance ... even the famous breeders. Each pattern has a name ... people do not know how to look!
Example: the dark silver pied pattern is NEVER named ... it's an ugly word?
People are obsessed with white eyes .... and then only see that!

Sure there are pictures, you posted one right above of a washed out greenish bird that came out of a nice Bronze colored parent. The confirmation of the bird is really nice with the long legs and neck, thin body, long face, tight crest and good face paint. But it isn't Bronze anymore, they sacrificed the color for the type, and that is ok if you like that sort of thing. When you dilute any colored bird with a mostly green bird and what you get is mud.
To Josh's' point; there are an incredible number of culls out there. They mostly get sold as day-old chicks so the breeder doesn't waste feed and pen space on them and in hopes that whoever buys them will kill them and the genetics are lost. Those culls are goldmines if you know how to breed them and of course, you won't know without extensive breeding and note keeping. (That breeder is not going to tell you.)

[QUOTE=", they sacrificed the color for the type, and that is ok if you like that sort of thing. [/QUOTE]
There is no 'sacrifice'!
They have nothing 'selected'! in fact they did nothing but crosses and it is the genes 'Muticus' that transformed the body of the birds ... it is the genes 'green' that made the legs are longer ... the longer neck ... the spalding attitude! ... etc ... Until transform the 'way of live' ... more intelligent ... more curious ... females a little more aggressive ... dominant.

009.JPG

The spaldings have seen the turtle ... they want to see ... the IBs only think about eating!

The sacrifice is the lost color mutation. It was a beautiful deep Bronze color, now after diluting it with the Green blood you infused a green color that diluted the Bronze color and muddied it up with a green tint. You lost the beauty of the Bronze color for body type or confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom