***Crevecoeur Thread***

Pics
So lucky to be able to let them free range! The black is a great contrast to the flowers. Are they the only chickens you have or do they segregate themselves?

Thanks! They choose to sleep in that tree most of the year even if it is raining or snowing. I have a few older ladies who sleep in the coop. They do just fine with my other birds. They are very assertive.
wink.png

Everything in print isn't necessarily how it is, depends on your husbandry as well. Some of what I had read said not hardy in the cold but I raised mine from chicks in the Fall/Winter with no problems. I have a trio and one pullet is a bantam, never had any problems and we got quite a bit of snow this past winter when they weren't fully grown yet. No additional heat after feathering. Some breeds are totally different than what you read about them! :) Even the Silver Sebrights made it through growing out in the winter without additional heat and they are supposed to be tough to raise. With good husbandry the crevs can do just fine. Go for it and enjoy the color sheen when the sun shines on them!

I had ordered 5 Creves and 20 others from M mc M and there were so many in the box, 2 Creves died. And no heating pad. These 3 are very loveable and friendly.

Back
Top Bottom