Crochet "Chat"

Scrambled Egg

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Aug 29, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
General conversation and crochet chat in this thread
smile.png

Oh wow...there is a crochet thread on BYC? How nice! Hi I'm Peggy....and I also crochet. Just started an "E Pattern" for a chicken potholder last night. I haven't made anything other than baby hats in a couple years, but i have several afghans going that I need to get back to. No time for big stuff with a toddler to look after. Anyway, this is the pattern I am working on, from an Annie's Attic book called "whimsical Potholders" . Meet Henrietta the chicken.
From the pattern book

My version so far. I have never seen a green chicken, but our kitchen is green, ha ha.

So far it's going good, I am making this test version with acrylic yarn scraps, before I try it with the Peache's and Cream cotton yarn it calls for.

I have been working on a new forum and have installed some code to show off my members crochet work. Mine is the only ones so far because I just installed the forum today. Could you please let me know if you can see my photos. I am not looking for anything here just if you can view my image block. Thanks in advance. You can join if you want or not. I would love to have some new members. It's in the infant stage and it will take awhile for people to sign up...anyways your all welcome to join. I will have some categories soon. I need some forum testers to post some pictures. 

http://www.doilybox.com/crochetboard/

I can see everything just fine and I joined as well. I just started my first ever doily this past couple of days and have really enjoyed it. I love the old fashioned look of doilies. Great Forum, thanks!

Thanks... that is kinda what I was thinking too. I know, it is written so strangely! But I guess we are all spoiled because a lot of the patterns we use nowadays are off of blogs and such that have pictures and very detailed instructions to make it easier... But not this pattern! We're going old school!

The instructions before row 1 were for the foundation chain is all...

Old school on a sweater is brave! Dishcloth, sure. Doily, maybe. But sweater? You are ALL IN!
big_smile.png

Just finished this blanket for my newly wed sister!
I love making blankets for newly started families. You know that it will grow with their family! The couple will cuddle in it, the future kids will snuggle with it! Homemade blankets, I believe, are a true expression of love and best wishes for a happy life!

Back
Top Bottom