Crochet "Chat"

Leolanna-That is gorgeous. Good job. Your first project? What a learning curve. You've definately got it. Congratulations, and thank youfor sharing it with us.

Leolanna-That is gorgeous. Good job. Your first project? What a learning curve. You've definately got it. Congratulations, and thank youfor sharing it with us.
Thanks! Yes, it was the first crochet project I started, but definitely not the first I finished! :D

Thanks! Yes, it was the first crochet project I started, but definitely not the first I finished! :D
I just love it! My first crochet project was much like yours except I decided to make a queen sized afghan with nice wool.... it took me nearly 2 years to complete due to the fact that it ended up costing about $350!! I had no idea that I would use that much yarn when I started
lol.png
I too finished many other projects in between and was very sure to use cheapo yarn!

Last edited:
This is a chart that explains the symbols, I hope it helps. One of my students found it: http://www.needlepointers.com/displ...//www.craftyarncouncil.com/chart_crochet.html
Ok, I need some help.

I have a pattern for a tiger paw afghan and I haven't the slightest clue how to start this thing. The pattern is different - it's a chart instead of written instructions. Can anybody tell me how to start this... or have any tips for this type of crochet?

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tiger-paw-afghan

I also have the PDF pattern downloaded if you need to see it in an email.

Last edited:
Great!!! Thank you! The chart symbol list helps.

Here is the project I just wrapped up today: Mermaid Tears purse!

Lovely purse! Is that the crocodile stitch? I've been wanting to try that stitch for a long time but I'm not sure what to make with it.

Leolanna that is just beautiful! So much more involved than my first projects were!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks!

Yes, it's called the crocodile stitch and it's best to see a video tutorial how to do since the written pattern is a little confusing... at least it was to me. The pattern is available for free from Bernat here: http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=6267

And here is the video tutorial part 1:

There are also many other free patterns with the crocodile stitch available if you google them. Also, more on Etsy and Ravelry.

I'm new to this thread. I just bought a crochet baby blanket on Sunday from a poultry swap and got thinking that it might be fun to do and a simple design might be easy. I got looking up crochet blankets and realized that a couple blankets my aunt made for my dad she had crochet that I loved.

Yesterday I went to Walmart and bought a Boye kit that had a book, disc, 6 crochet hooks, and a couple of other things in it. I bought some Red Heart worsted 4 ply yarn. At least I think it is a 4 ply. Has a 4 on the picture with the yarn. Still trying to learn the yarn types.

I decided I wanted to make beanies and baby blankets so I probably picked the harder one to try first which was the beanie. The first attempted I used a G hook. Took me 15 minutes to get 4 chains started. I kept having trouble trying to do them while not tightening them from trying to hold the end. Once I got started it was easier. I used a site online with a video and it wasn't turning out right. I think I was messing up the chain after the slip stitch. They said 3 but I wasn't probably counting the slip stitch as one of the 3.

I looked around and found another video for my second attempt. I decided to try the H hook since it wasn't to big and I wanted to make a hat that might fit my head which isn't to big. I was having a hard time pulling the hook through and not catch part of the other yarn in the stitch. This time I tried starting with the magic loop (I think that is what it was called) and used a place holder for the spot to do my slip stitch when I made it around. It was hard to get started again but became easier. The video only uses the magic loop, chain, double crochet, and the slip stitch which made it easy to follow.

So far for my second attempt it isn't looking to bad for me never crocheting before and trying to make a beanie instead of a square. I've put a few hours into it so far and left off with my 7th row.

I did take a picture of what I have so far to share. It is probably noticeable that the right one was my first attempt. There is a little bit of a line on the second one but still a lot better than the first. Does it seem like I'm doing alright with it? I still have to do 8 or more rows yet. Is it common to pick up on crocheting with just watching a few videos and looking at a couple pictures or does it usually take someone longer? I've seemed to of picked up on the double crochet pretty quick as long as I watch to make sure I don't catch my hook.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom