Crochet "Chat"

Oh wow...there is a crochet thread on BYC? How nice! Hi I'm Peggy....and I also crochet. Just started an "E Pattern" for a chicken potholder last night. I haven't made anything other than baby hats in a couple years, but i have several afghans going that I need to get back to. No time for big stuff with a toddler to look after. Anyway, this is the pattern I am working on, from an Annie's Attic book called "whimsical Potholders" . Meet Henrietta the chicken.
From the pattern book

My version so far. I have never seen a green chicken, but our kitchen is green, ha ha.

So far it's going good, I am making this test version with acrylic yarn scraps, before I try it with the Peache's and Cream cotton yarn it calls for.

Nice job. Welcome to the crochet thread and yes everyone is welcome to join the swap, they are lots of fun and we have lots of time to finish.

Oh wow...there is a crochet thread on BYC? How nice! Hi I'm Peggy....and I also crochet. Just started an "E Pattern" for a chicken potholder last night. I haven't made anything other than baby hats in a couple years, but i have several afghans going that I need to get back to. No time for big stuff with a toddler to look after. Anyway, this is the pattern I am working on, from an Annie's Attic book called "whimsical Potholders" . Meet Henrietta the chicken.
From the pattern book

My version so far. I have never seen a green chicken, but our kitchen is green, ha ha.

So far it's going good, I am making this test version with acrylic yarn scraps, before I try it with the Peache's and Cream cotton yarn it calls for.

I do need this pattern.
wink.png

Oh I would love it, but I hardly have time for anything these days. I have a couple more years of toddler chasing before I get any real free time to myself again probably. I work on my chicken for about ten minutes a night before I pass out waiting for the other 1/2 to get home from work at 11. I miss my crafts though! That's why I got the potholder book, low commitment. Ha ha. I have been working on a granny square type afghan for about 5 years, a bedspread size, done in 4 inch squares of solid colors going around in a diamond pattern, similar to an "Around The World" quilt. and since we moved I have not made one square for it. Squares are really fun.

Oh I would love it, but I hardly have time for anything these days. I have a couple more years of toddler chasing before I get any real free time to myself again probably. I work on my chicken for about ten minutes a night before I pass out waiting for the other 1/2 to get home from work at 11. I miss my crafts though! That's why I got the potholder book, low commitment. Ha ha. I have been working on a granny square type afghan for about 5 years, a bedspread size, done in 4 inch squares of solid colors going around in a diamond pattern, similar to an "Around The World" quilt. and since we moved I have not made one square for it. Squares are really fun.

Making motifs is fun, putting them together not so much! lol

Spent the weekend in a cabin 10 minutes outside of west Yellowstone. :) the view from the cabin window is amazing, and i was able to crochet a hat for the unexpected cold mornings.

that's why I like the granny squares. You can make lots of them and then one day put them together. Crocheting them together goes by fast. It's relaxing to do while watching the boob tube.

Spent the weekend in a cabin 10 minutes outside of west Yellowstone.
smile.png
the view from the cabin window is amazing, and i was able to crochet a hat for the unexpected cold mornings.

Now I don't know which to praise first, the view or you for being (whatever the word is) in making a hat too. Very nice.

Boy you've got that right. My DD was here from TX and she was freezing.
lol.png

I totally know how she feels, I am cold natured, I freeze nearly all the time. I carry my coat to work w/ me year round and USE it year round. Even on the 110 days, I obviously don't wear it outside, but in the truck or the buildings I do. Or when the temps drop into the 60's (or even 70's) at night, I have my coat on.

Back
Top Bottom