Crochet "Chat"

I usually get back into crocheting in the fall, too. My mom's 60th birthday is coming up soon so I thought it would be cool to find a pattern from the year she was born. I found this fun pinwheel doily. I know doilies aren't cool, but I am making it for sentimental reasons and I thought this pattern actually looked quite modern for a doily.

3888221789_5df91cd0e0_z.jpg

I usually get back into crocheting in the fall, too. My mom's 60th birthday is coming up soon so I thought it would be cool to find a pattern from the year she was born. I found this fun pinwheel doily. I know doilies aren't cool, but I am making it for sentimental reasons and I thought this pattern actually looked quite modern for a doily.

It is beautiful, I would frame it w/ a nice contrast color background. Would make beautiful wall art.

Wow! It's gorgeous. My grandmother used to crochet doilies all the time. They are sentimental to me too. Someday I will give one a try.

This still makes me wanna drink! Lol. Oh my gosh that is intimidating!

It really is more simple then it looks, the pattern you have is much bigger easier to see, and it repeats and you can easily see where you are, since the pattern and the work will look similar.

This still makes me wanna drink! Lol. Oh my gosh that is intimidating!

If you are on Ravelry you can do a pattern search and then on the left side of the page you can narrow it down to patterns that include a chart (Attributes/Pattern Instructions/Chart). It is helpful to start with a small pattern (a doily or hat) that has a stitch diagram (chart) AND written instructions so you can follow the diagram and check your work with the written instructions. I have heard others say that they absolutely love stitch diagrams and wish all patterns had them once they try them out.

Back
Top Bottom