Crochet "Chat"

I accidentally found a crocheting club that meets at a time when I can actually go! none of the ones i found before were close enough or at a good time, and then this weekend I was eating lunch at a local cafe and the lady at the table next to us was crocheting and we got to talking about crochet and she invited me to join their group! im very excited
big_smile.png

Quote:
Sorry yesterday was crazy! In the instruction email I sent you, there is a link for a crochet shell beanie. She shows the magic circle at the beginning, that's why I put in the link.

Would you do me a favor. Would you please send my instruction email back to me, I forgot to save it. Thanks!!

Hey all, my kid's club was asked if they could make some baby headbands. I've found patterns for adults but not babies, does anyone know how long they should be? I'm going to pick up some baby yarn tomorrow and few more hooks,, the kids are doing fantastic! I'll take pics next week and put some up, I'm so proud of them!

hi everyone. my mom has been nagging me to stop giving away everything I make and start keeping some of it, but the thing is that most of the stuff I've made recently were baby stuff, and she says to keep some of it to use when I or one of my siblings gets married and has kids in the distant future. but the question is, will the stuff stay good? what kinds of yarn will age well, and which kinds won't? will the colors fade?

well, it's definitely been a while since I've been on BYC ~ Homeschool & chickens & rabbits & holidays & snow, and soap, and yarn and ...lol well, way TOO many things! Anyway, I have been missing all you all ~ and thought I'd come on back and say hey! And in what better place to do it than in crochet or soap chat? My two favorite pastimes. Well, actually... k, my MOSTLY two favorite pastimes. ;-D

~Red

ps ~ to arabookworm ~ yarn NEVER goes bad ~ there are mountains of it in my home testifying to this very fact. If you go onto eBay, you can see lots of other people's mountains of yarn that never went bad, either, and sometimes you can score a great deal on it, so you can add to your own mountain. ;-D We call that ~The Stash~. ;-D

I just ran screaming from Ebay! I haven't been on there in a very long time and thought I might be able to pick up some used crochet hooks for the club,, they are cheaper and brand new at Wal Mart!!! So is the yarn!

oh I know ~ in fact, if you can hit a sale at Jo-Ann's, the prices can't be beat! I was able to pick up , (regular price, mind you) a set of six plastic Susan Bates crochet hooks for $2.89. Of course, I prefer my bamboo hooks & needles, but those plastic ones are so great for classes. And the yarn , one time I went into Jo-Ann's and the gal was walking around putting clearance tags on yarn, so I followed her, I was getting yarn for 50 cents & $1, the most I paid per skein was $1.50!!! And it ran the gamut of yarn selections, too, they were just closing out old colors, I guess. Talk about a dealio, though!
~Red

HI all well I started crocheting about 2 weeks ago and I taught myself, THANKS to and very very kind lady on here that sent me 2 books and some neddles!! You know who you are THANK YOU!!
I will post a photo of what I have started it is not much but I would like to here how I'am doing. I have crocheted and undone it and crocheted again...

One day I will make something,LOL
fl.gif

Just keep at it. You are doing fine I am sure.
My Nana -GRHS- taught me how to crochet. I feel very connected to her when I crochet. Granny squares were my favorite at first. they are easy to make and they go fast. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom