Crochet "Chat"

Quote:
Wow ~ serious garden envy going on here!! Where are you ladies at that you already have things going? Here in Idaho, we are just grateful that the sun has shone all day long, and it hasn't snowed yet this week! ( they forecast snow, but it turned into rain, we were all so ECSTATIC! ~ you could see folks in the streets, doing the happy dance! ~ shucks, we even have a few enthusiasts bravely running around the greenbelt in SHORTS. At 54F in the middle of April, we spuddites just plain don't know how to behave!) ;-D
~Red

Same here! We aren't as far north but the higher elevation is keeping us at winter temps. I have tomatoes, zucchini and corn started inside but I'm starting to think the frigid nights are never going to relent!
hit.gif
I'm so sick of the cold! Monday we had a little snow during the day, but it didn't stick, and they had forcasted rain for the warmest(?) part of the day not snow!!!

Sunny, Imagine meetin you here! HEE
gig.gif

MY HUSBAND JUST BLASTED ME WITH THE RAIN SNOW FORECAST FOR NEXT WEEK. Boo Hoo.

I have to say I have not read all 508 pages here and was wondering if anyone had a nice easy sweater stitch (crochet) pattern available? I have a million, but they all look lumpy and outdated!

Quote:
Same here! We aren't as far north but the higher elevation is keeping us at winter temps. I have tomatoes, zucchini and corn started inside but I'm starting to think the frigid nights are never going to relent!
hit.gif
I'm so sick of the cold! Monday we had a little snow during the day, but it didn't stick, and they had forcasted rain for the warmest(?) part of the day not snow!!!

Sunny, Imagine meetin you here! HEE
gig.gif

MY HUSBAND JUST BLASTED ME WITH THE RAIN SNOW FORECAST FOR NEXT WEEK. Boo Hoo.

I have to say I have not read all 508 pages here and was wondering if anyone had a nice easy sweater stitch (crochet) pattern available? I have a million, but they all look lumpy and outdated!

Yea... No thank you. 4650 feet is enough for me. I don't know how you handle that "lake effect" combined with your high elevation! BRRRRRR
As for sweater patterns I have a couple of adorable sweater patterns but easy?? Not so much.
hmm.png

Last edited:
I'm in zone 6A for the time being. I've been working in the garden & have some plants ready, but nothing planted yet. Today is our frost date, so I'll be planting in a few days. I'm just buying plants this year & looking at the plants I've purchased so far vs the size of the garden...well I'll be back at the greenhouse soon. The dandelions & redbuds are blooming & my perennial herbs are well on the way. It's been really nice here in SW MO lately...about time, cuz I was getting some serious cabin fever...just seemed cold this winter (& I have the heating bills to prove it).

Writer, Everyone needs at least a few tomato plants...if you look into weed free gardening, they say don't till, you'll wake up all the weeds.

I started some cucumber and cantaloupe seeds indoors that need a few more days of adjusting to the great outdoors ( I say that because there is no wind yet today) and I noticed yesterday that some of the squash is up. Out last frost date has past and my neighbors birthday (she says there is no more frost after that and she's lived here almost 35 years). Now it's down to some seious gardening.
celebrate.gif

Quote:
LOL,, shoot,, my weeds woke up in January! The only area with no weeds is the chicken's yard,, of course the asparagus that woke up has been appreciated by the birds too!

droolin.gif
Fresh Asparagus!
droolin.gif

WriterofWords, I put all of my plants into fabric pots this year. I saw them for sale in a catalogue for 14.95 and up (depending on size) so I went to the garden center and bought a roll of commercial grade landscaping/weed control fabric and sewed my own huge ones for about .80 cents a bag. they work great and my plants have been hauled in and out to protect them from our still freezing temps at night. Not so sure the constant moving is good for them but hopefully soon...
I'm in zone 5 and people around here say "you don't plant til all the snow is melted on Peavine" (one of our many mountains here). I can tell these folks aren't gardeners! The snow doesn't completely melt on Peavine 'til July! My tomatoes wouldn't be ripe 'til November! If they survived being transplanted in July's heat!
roll.png
In other words they wouldn't ever be ripe.

Last edited:
Sunny Dawn ~ wow ~ you were right ~ sewing up a lot of these hummers takes time ~ BUT ~ (especially if they last a few yrs!!) they are looking to be worth it already! If for nothing else than instant pots that can later be folded & put away compactly, instead of mountains of clay pots, then moved over to the gardens.... ugh ~ ;-D

On another note ~ here is another little baby layette set that I recently finished. I am still debating on what / if anything to do with the flower centers. I was thinking black or brown or maybe a dark orange or white... or maybe just nothing, I don't know yet. What do all of you think?
~Red

IMG_0119-1.jpg

I obviously did not read all 509 pages, but I am very much a beginner. My grandma tried to teach me crochet last year and then my friend tried to teach me. The both did it differently... I got confused.

Basically, I can make the original chain but that's it. I'd really love to get into if I had a stable teacher. I'm jealous of all the things that people can make.

Quote:
It's challenging! I just started learning too but with all the pictures and support on here I've picked up quite a bit. I learned more from our members and a book than I ever did from my mom lol!

Back
Top Bottom