Cross Continental Friends!!!

Hi everyone! So mny newbies, and pictures! Wow and i don,t think were crazy, a bit weird, but not crazy!!
Well, I to have bad news, come 1/20/14 my HH will be terminated they hope for only a few months, until fuel prices drop. Bill, i love 99 red balloons! Ugly, sorry about your deaths! Wish I could help!
Good to hear from our old ies but goodies! Well, take care everyone

idk i think another might die. gah this makes me sometimes wonder why i even want chickens. i hate deaths.

You do seem to have bad luck w/ them! W/ my HH going to be out of work I'm not sure if were going to keep the eye candy and the drakes (Pekin) they just eat w/ not return! We'll only have so mush money to put out. I'm not getting the goats either! And if some of my older chicks don't start making eggs they'll be making chicken fingers! LOL Now that I have my bator I can do tons of them! LOL Just joking, I think! I hope!

You do seem to have bad luck w/ them! W/ my HH going to be out of work I'm not sure if were going to keep the eye candy and the drakes (Pekin) they just eat w/ not return! We'll only have so mush money to put out. I'm not getting the goats either! And if some of my older chicks don't start making eggs they'll be making chicken fingers! LOL Now that I have my bator I can do tons of them! LOL Just joking, I think! I hope!
oh whoa i didnt know you were getting goats too. i think maybe you chickens right now m,might not be laying because of the cold right now. maybe give them a little extra protein? i have no idea. bleh i figured out why they are dieing and its my fault. at night in the summer i usually just put a blanket over the top of where they are and that is enough to keep them warm but sense it is colder now i cant do that because they pile up on each other and the bottom ones get squished. i wish i knew that before i had done that, but i guess we live and learn.

oh whoa i didnt know you were getting goats too. i think maybe you chickens right now m,might not be laying because of the cold right now. maybe give them a little extra protein? i have no idea. bleh i figured out why they are dieing and its my fault. at night in the summer i usually just put a blanket over the top of where they are and that is enough to keep them warm but sense it is colder now i cant do that because they pile up on each other and the bottom ones get squished. i wish i knew that before i had done that, but i guess we live and learn.

I wanted to get goats but Megan said they we're hard on your hands and I'm old and my HH hands aren't any younger! So I wish I would of don't it sooner but! I never knew they we're so much fun!

How are you girls doing? I hope you haven't lost to many anymore!

I wanted to get goats but Megan said they we're hard on your hands and I'm old and my HH hands aren't any younger! So I wish I would of don't it sooner but! I never knew they we're so much fun!

How are you girls doing? I hope you haven't lost to many anymore!
i had 26 and uhm now im a lil embarrassed to say this but now im down to 19. i decided to separate them in separate boxes at night with 5-6 in each and layer the top with sheets and anything else. so far this has worked and no more squished babies.

its okay. today i had to cull one it was sad. its neck was somehow twisted i have no idea how that even happened it was so weird. and no i bought them from the feed store. 
lol my fiance says the thing about americans is true.

Haha but he's allowed to agree with our view as he's not american!

i had 26 and uhm now im a lil embarrassed to say this but now im down to 19. i decided to separate them in separate boxes at night with 5-6 in each and layer the top with sheets and anything else. so far this has worked and no more squished babies.

Awww no sorry to hear that. But at least you figure it out before even more died.

Funny I read that runner ducks are meant to lay all year. Mine stopped at the start of November. So do you reckon if I gave them more protein they'd start?

Hey Nancy, sorry to hear the goats are a no go.

Haha but he's allowed to agree with our view as he's not american!

Awww no sorry to hear that. But at least you figure it out before even more died.

Funny I read that runner ducks are meant to lay all year. Mine stopped at the start of November. So do you reckon if I gave them more protein they'd start?

Hey Nancy, sorry to hear the goats are a no go.

im not positive if it would work but i know i have read that when they molt some feed them a higher protein feed so that they start to lay sooner but for chickens i have no idea about ducks though. but dont take my word for it because i am not 100% positive that it would work. but you could give it a try.

Yeah it's worth a try.I could put corn in with it but they've never had it before so wonder if they'd actually eat it. They've had wet cat food during their previous moult and that went down ok. Mealworms are stupidly expensive. May well have to be cat food.

Back
Top Bottom