Cross Continental Friends!!!

if anyone need to write me a message, feel free to send it

I've got just little time, but, I'll try to do my best

also the spotted goat with blue collar is really nice, generally, they looks healthy and clean, a sign of good breeding

I've got big troubles to read all those previous messages, sorry if I'm not up to date

I send a big CIAO to all, crazyforgoats, duckyducky, ralphieboy, elpolloloco, cutegrandma, Caterinuccia, alaskagirl and all the visitors trough these pages

the sun is spotted out, maybe I can work little better this morning

have a nice day!

Ciao, Bill.....I'm guessing I am "cute grandma." I have hit a new, albeit heartwarming, low. How did I get from being a youngster to a grandma? Time flew by, and here I am.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
TarheelBirdy-I do hope you are well !!
I'm doing fine, so sweet of you to think of me. I'm like you - it's Spring, and I just can't stay inside long enough to keep up. Lots going on with my birds, and I'm riding my horses almost every day :). Also, trying to get Daddy out as much as he is willing....he is half Cherokee, and I know the sunshine is good for him, no matter how much he argues with me. It's been a long winter inside for him. I think of you all often, though, and I will catch up soon!

It's funny in the early days on this thread bill was complaining about not having rain. It's like us here in Ireland, since we've been here everyone's been saying its been raining to much, and then when we get sun every one sais their to hot.
There's no pleasing some people.(don't think that was aimed at Bill it wasnt)

You're right. Here in the Southeast US, we have had a long, rainy winter. I guarantee that once it gets 100 degrees plus and dry, we will complain like it never happened.

We should be Naming duck 3, which is going to be white on one end and dark on the other Black and Tan like the beer thingie... Is it a cocktail or just one of those mixed (yet NOT mixed) drinks?
Oh, guys, Miss Hugo is a truly fierce mama duck. She hatched her babies in the bunny barn and that is where I feed the cats. I opened the door to go in yesterday afternoon and received an angry honk in reply. The cats were cowering on high places looking stunned. One of Miss Hugo's babies had gotten out through a drain and I was reuniting mother and baby and she came charging over and started pinching my arms. I dropped the baby and tried to back up but, honking wildly, Hugo grabbed my sock and started beating me with her wings. I started hollering and trying to grab Hugo but she was moving like a snake and still had a death grip on my sock. I finally would up in a corner trying to get the door open and flailing my foot that Hugo was attached to and still hollering. Once I got the door open I managed to shake her off and zip through. At this point I took a small break, had a cold beer, and thought that babies had rather changed Hugo. The cats started yowling for help so I braced myself to go back in and had a distractionary broom at the ready. For some reason Garfield decided not to wait on his high surface and made a run for the door. Hugo grabbed him in the belly just in front of his hip. Picture a very fat hairy orange cat tearing through the barn with a quacking, flapping barnacle in his side and me yelling and scurrying along with my broom. Garfield managed to shake her loose when he dove between the brooder and the wall. The other cars, wisely, stayed put.
I managed to ease my way around the pen to the feed can and threw a scoop of feed in a dog dish, distracting Hugo enough that I got the cats out and was able to feed the rabbits with only a few minor honks and hisses.
Ah, can't wait to see what happens today!

Karen

Love these adventures! Can't beat life with animals.....

Egg eating=lie in wait, find the culprit, cull! They will teach that skill to others!
I just took off my socks so I can go check on Hugo and the Hugoettes. Hubby out of town, La Niña Linda on an art creating spree, might as well go shed some blood...

Karen

I agree. A good game-cam is priceless in this situation. Don't let that habit perpetuate.

I agree. A good game-cam is priceless in this situation. Don't let that habit perpetuate.

Egg eating=lie in wait, find the culprit, cull! They will teach that skill to others!
I just took off my socks so I can go check on Hugo and the Hugoettes. Hubby out of town, La Niña Linda on an art creating spree, might as well go shed some blood...

Karen
Umm, Uh Oh, that's the problem see, I really think it already has spread to most of the bantams, I think the cochins are still innocent, they don't have eggy beaks, but when I go to gather eggs, if there are even any left, all the banties fly up to the top of the nesting boxes and try to steal them from me. Even the roo! Do you guys think the issue will go away when we move them to free range? Or will we probably have to re-stock? A camera is a good idea, I'll have to rig one.

And I am so glad you are well!!, my dad is a major portion Cherokee as well and he lives on sunshine practically! It's a bit funny actually, I will never win a tan contest with him! I bet your horses appreciate you, my neighbor has horses and although I love my neighbors, not in my opinion the best horse keepers around, They are beginning to work/play them more though and I am glad to see that.

Last edited:
to stop the egg eating you could also try to leave some white onions on the nest, they taste so awful

obviously, mix a big amount of sand in their feed, to increase the shell, in extreme cases, buy some carbonato di calcio (traduce yourself)

nice to see Tarheel Birdy again, don't be mad if I called you cutegrandma, I'm not 40, but I'm ready to be one, time fly for all, being grandparents give us the experience to raise them properly

time for talk is over, get back to work lazy!

Oh gosh they're adorable, but I have to ask the obvious....what do you do when they squirt on your beautiful rug?

Haha shout at them! There's a trick to it. Unless one of them has trodden it in it generally sits on the tips of the fibres so you can get at it either side with a pinch motion. Otherwise it's a good scrub! We do nor.ally have a tarpaulin down though but they've realised the rug is more comfy!

I send a big CIAO to all, crazyforgoats, duckyducky, ralphieboy, elpolloloco, cutegrandma, Caterinuccia, alaskagirl and all the visitors trough these pages

I didnt realise that was about us! I get it now. I guess crazyforgoats is Megan. Am i ducky ducky? Ralphieboy and elpolloloco I get and now cute grandma - funny your ready to be a grandma bill!, what does caterinuccia mean? Guessing that's you Karen?

Back
Top Bottom