Crossing breeds-

mandk2309

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2017
I have a Wheaten Ameraucana Roo and a Barred rock hen baby that we hatched. I have done a ton of research and all I am finding contradicts each other.
On the one side it says the baby is a sexlink chick- white spot on head and barring a boy, no spot colors like dad girl.
The other side says not sexlink. Has anyone had experience with this or can you explain better of what created? Anyone have a cross like this with pics? Thanks

Its a bit challenging to use and there are others out here who really are experts with this stuff--but if you can find the correct info for the parents and get it entered it will show you the detail for the chick possibilities. http://kippenjungle.nl/kruising.html
Thanks for the link but the help tab is in a different language and I have no clue where a Wheaten roo would fall color wise?

Thanks for the link but the help tab is in a different language and I have no clue where a Wheaten roo would fall color wise?
If you search forums for "color genetics of Wheaten Ameraucana" you'll find folks who know how to fill in the calculator. You may have to do the same for the BR. When I used it last, it had a link to chicken breeds and All I had to do is choose my roo and my hen and it took it from there. I can't find that link now. Sorry...:confused:

Wheaton rooster X barred rock hen is a sex link. The chicks would be black. Headspot equals cockerel. No spot equals pullet.
Wheaton is Wheaton and barred is extended black. Extended black is dominate over Wheaton so they will be black as chicks but they will probably end up with some leakage as adults. Hens will not be barred as adults. Roosters will be barred.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom