elevan

Songster
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Oct 6, 2010
Morrow Co ~ Ohio
My Coop
My Coop
2 crows attacked one of my Polish hens and had her down pecking her to death! I yelled and they flew up allowing her the opportunity to get up and run to the barn (I thought she was dead, thank goodness she wasn't). Then I went for my gun and went after them. I'll now be shooting any crow that show an interest in my field I think
hmm.png
Frieda (the Polish) had her ear area and neck ripped open. I applied Blu Kote to it all and she's resting comfortably in the barn.

I've never heard of crow attacking chickens
hmm.png
Have you?

Really?! Oh god! I have so many crows around. Thankfully nothing like this has happened.. I'm very sorry
sad.png
I've heard that crows never bother chickens, but this just proves that theory is wrong..

WOW. I hve never heard of that. I have chickens that freerange. And crows all over. I have never worried. But I will definetly keep an eye out. I just see them chase the hawks away. How is your hen doing? I have heard they will steal chicken eggs if they can get to them though. Never seen it but hae heard it.

Last edited:
The crows have been around forever it seems without problem. I never even thought about them as a threat. And we still have plenty of bugs, weeds and grass here so I don't know why they would have attacked her.

I'm so sorry, but I've never heard of a crow doing something like that to a chicken. I usually toss them a couple of eggs to keep them around because they keep the hawks away. More than once they've saved a couple of my chickens from being carried away by going after the hawk when they had a hold of one.

WOW! I have crows around all the time and they never bother my chickens. Maybe your chicken had some food the crows wanted? I can't think of any reason why they would attack your hen.

I hope she is OK.........

Back
Top Bottom