crumbles, pellets, rentacoop products, oh my!

I have the rent a coop metal waterer (2.5 gal) and 2 port feeder (10 lb) set They are very nice looking. The red feed ports and cups/nipples (which you have the option as the kit comes with both) contrast nicely with the silver metal. The waterer is painted silver, the feeder is galvanized. I liked them so much I bought a second set.

I have the rent a coop metal waterer (2.5 gal) and 2 port feeder (10 lb) set They are very nice looking. The red feed ports and cups/nipples (which you have the option as the kit comes with both) contrast nicely with the silver metal. The waterer is painted silver, the feeder is galvanized. I liked them so much I bought a second set.
They hold up well? It looks like you'd have less waste with them as well.

My option is tractor supply for feed.
Pellets vs crumbles?
Cluck & Co a good brand?
Are the rentAcoop products (feeder and waterer) worth it? They do look aesthetically appealing, but how do I train the chickens to use them? I am looking at watering cups and the feeder with the holes in it.
Hi, I used crumbles for the baby chicks up to 6 weeks or until I finish the 50 lbs bag. Then I went to pellets to reduce the waste. I have never used Cluck & Co but I do see it is organic so I would believe if you can get it for a fair price then you will be good. As fore the rentAcoop products look great but I have never used them I created my own that are similar in look and style and are pleased with them. Cheers!

Thanks everyone, my last go round with hens I had a great little feed store near to me that had their own mix and I used it for years. Unfortunately there isn't anything like that near my new place so it's tractor supply stuff only.

They hold up well? It looks like you'd have less waste with them as well.
I’ve only had them a couple of months, but metal should last a long time, much longer than plastic, which I am working to minimize from my life where it makes sense (certainly outside exposed to the elements!) My hens seem to have have no trouble eating pellets out of the ports and there is zero bill out. They were old pros at the horizontal nipples so there was zero learning curve there.

Thanks everyone, I thought about making my own feeders. If this were on private property and not part of a business where clients could see it I totally would. My boss is stressing it needs to look aesthetically pleasing if clients stop by to see it.
Where do you work? I want a job that let's me raise chickens on site!

Back
Top Bottom