crummy muffins!

canesisters

Crowing
11 Years
Aug 18, 2011
Virginia
rant.gif
WHAT is that dusty, crummy, gritty stuff on the outside of English Muffins and WHY is it there!?!?!?!?!

Every morning I crack 2 eggs into a zip top baggie. Add a little salt and pepper, a couple bits of ham, some shred cheese. When I get to work (while computers & scales are booting up) I dump it in a little butter dish and nuke for 2 mins. I end up with a delish. big, fluffy egg-disk that fits perfectly in an English muffin (take THAT McDonald's!). But then that gritty junk gets EVERYWHERE! What is that stuff!?!?!?

Cornmeal is my guess too. Would you mind posting a picture of the dish you use and dimensions?
DH has been experimenting with this and can't find the perfect dish. Thanks!

Any old dip/butter/sourcream type dish will do. I use whatever one I have handy, but here's the one I have at work right now.

Does anyone know of a brand that doesn't have that grit on it? Or of an actually effective way to remove it? I've tried holding it over the trash can and wiping, but it seems that the more you wipe, the more just sort of comes out of the bread. Maybe they are just MEANT to be toasted - so that most of that stuff falls into the bottom of the toaster......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom