Crushed soft shell egg stuck

Today she was just looking like it was the end. But mid morning she perked up, so I decided to take her back to the vet. And the vet got the rest of it out. I was being too much of a weenie, but every time I tried to get it she started gasping, so I stopped. But the vet had no qualms about it, a few minutes of digging and grimacing got several large chunks of funk out. Whew! So now, I just need to convince her to eat so that I don't have to try tubing again.
1f62f.png

Speckles is doing a lot better. I did tube feed her last night. It wasn't fun. Boy, was she an angry bird! But she has been pooping better than she had in days, and she ate more this morning. She is still weak, but I think getting the egg pieces out was a life saver.
I will be keeping a close eye on her over the next week, but also allowing her yard time.
I have seen the chicken chick's lash egg article. Although I don't think that applies here, I will keep it in mind. I have switched feed to Layena plus omega 3, I had tried Scratch and Peck brand soy free layer blend, but I think Speckles was sorting through that and just eating the 'marshmallows from the cereal' so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom