Crying in my sauce . . . *pitiful rant*

Rolsjo

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Maine
So, I had planned deep dish pizza tonight. I made the crust early this afternoon so it would be perfect. I put the two pizzas together one with Italian sausage, pepperoni, green pepper and olives and the other with chicken sausage, sauted sweet onion, green pepper and red pepper. Now, the way I make this is the dough goes in the pan up the sides and over the edges. When the filling is in I pull the edges of the dough over the top of the filling and the sauce goes on top. I run to the cupboard and I am out of canned tomatoes!! Nooooo! Oh, wait there is a jar of store-bought sauce in the back that someone gave me. I'll try it. I open it up and pour it on top of both pizzas before I notice the smell. Ugh! It is spoiled!
sickbyc.gif

So, to sum up, my gourmet Chicago-style pizza is in the garbage, the local corner store will be supplying dinner in the form of plain 'ol pizza and my husband will be bringing me something large and chocolaty to console me!
hit.gif

Last edited:
Oh man! I hate that for you!
barnie.gif
I've had that happen with dinner...it is so frustrating! What a nice DH!
thumbsup.gif

Shelly

aww that's awful !
hugs.gif

I had that happen once with some Alfredo sauce.

I am a really good cook and when my husband and I first got together, I made fettuccine Alfredo with bottled sauce. It must have been bad cause it tasted AWFUL!
That was almost 9 years ago and my husband will never let me forget it. Every time I make something unusual or different, and he looks at it funny... I say "have I ever poisoned you?" he always replies "there was that one time with the Alfredo sauce" and I look at him like
smack.gif
tongue.gif

Doesn't that just frost you . . . one night I made my own Alfredo, baked chicken, cut it up and then mixed it with the sauce . . .put it on the pizza crust (homemade) and mozzarella cheese and talk about good!!!

Quote:
Ooooh, yummy for the tummy! lol

So sorry about the ruined pizzas, nothing worse that getting excited over dinner and something ruining it! Chocolate and lots of it!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom