CT Chickenstock-2009

Quote:
Oh great! They can be chicks or older pullets, we're not picky
smile.png

I told DH last night about the t-shirt design, and he is really excited to draw something...

Them and the NH Reds will be about 12 weeks by then.

I can hardly wait for new chicks! Really happy I'll be having colored eggs soon to liven up the assortment and I like the idea of cold hardy NH Reds, especially with this winter we're having.

Could hardly make it up the driveway this afternoon, even with four wheel drive. Though it was worth driving 100 miles in the elements to score a half ton of bricks for free!!

We have to get a running start from the road to make it up our driveway this winter... make getting the mail a little difficult, lol!

Free bricks -- that's great! Today I'm picking up 18 free canning jars. Not quite as big a haul, but I'm excited
smile.png

DH has been working on the drawings. First thing he says in the morning when he wakes up are his new chicken puns and joke ideas, he's really loving this. I'm good with either Sunday or Saturday. When in doubt for planning ahead, I always look at the farmer's almanac and let the weather decide. It usually works for me.

Quote:
Oh great! They can be chicks or older pullets, we're not picky
smile.png

I told DH last night about the t-shirt design, and he is really excited to draw something...

How are the eggies doing?
big_smile.png

Quote:
That was exactly it, stopped to get mail, and totally lost my momentum going up. Not to mention the heavy load in back of the truck...I'd be excited about that many canning jars too!

So let's just let the date decide itself. Last year we did come fairly closed to getting rained out...for now it's either Sat. or Sun. depending on weather, which day we can get the PC Clan here and anything else that comes up in the meantime.

Good to hear your DH is enjoying his ideas and drawings. It'll be fun to see what he comes up with. Hmmm...speaking of weather, maybe long sleeved t-shirts would be best for early May.

Quote:

big_smile.png

Were on "Vaca" in FL, but my chickie and egg sitter did an egg candling over the phone with me the other day and only 3 are looking good. Were coming home Sat night. I'll take a better look and really see whats brewing.

Quote:
big_smile.png

Were on "Vaca" in FL, but my chickie and egg sitter did an egg candling over the phone with me the other day and only 3 are looking good. Were coming home Sat night. I'll take a better look and really see whats brewing.

Bummer, hopefully it was just some dark eggs that were hard to candle and they really are alright. We can always try again. All 12 of my hens are laying AND one of my ducks is too!

Back
Top Bottom