Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

I was waiting to post until I read the thread in its entirety. Took me weeks, but here I am. I received a lovely trio from @wood&feathers in March and adore them. They are the most amazing birds, and I think a great breed for a first-time chicken owner like me. I am currently "borrowing" a broody hen on a clutch of eggs from @wood&feathers which we are jokingly referring to as "Rent-A-Broody". Hoping for some Cubalaya and Cubalaya cross babies anytime in the next few days.
[/IMG][/IMG]

I was waiting to post until I read the thread in its entirety. Took me weeks, but here I am. I received a lovely trio from wood&feathers in March and adore them. They are the most amazing birds, and I think a great breed for a first-time chicken owner like me. I am currently "borrowing" a broody hen on a clutch of eggs from wood&feathers which we are jokingly referring to as "Rent-A-Broody". Hoping for some Cubalaya and Cubalaya cross babies anytime in the next few days.
Good looking pullet. I like the dark even color of her. She looks like she is either laying eggs or getting ready to.
This one is an interesting dark color. She looks like BBRed (not wheaten) with some other color that darkens the red. Maybe there's black in her background?

This one looks wheaten. Nice sharp looking rooster. I hope you get many hardy, healthy chicks out of your trio.

Thank you so much! He is a lovely rooster. Quite the gentleman (whiched earned him the stately name of Cassius.) I believe the darker hen is half, or more, black jap. She lays a brown egg, where the lighter wheaten lays a lightly tinted egg.

Back
Top Bottom