Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Thanks for the responses.

Sounds like you folks are seeing and thinking the same things I am. I'm going to go ahead and place my bet on cockerel, but I'll call him the bender (as in gender bender).

Any guesses as to Benders adult color assuming he is male? I ordered BBreds. The vast majority I believe to be blue with only a few true blacks, both pullets and cockerels. More than half of the pullets appear to be wild type or split to wild type (if that is even possible).

Also I noticed that at 6 weeks they ALL have dark green eyes. I am hoping they are going to change to bay. It could be normal for all I know.

Cubalayas certainly make one want to learn about color genetics. Nice, fun birds so far.
Split to wild type is certainly possible. I have those on a regular basis and agree with the others that those two are cockerels.
Their current eye color is normal for Cubalaya, hopefully they will change to a reddish bay.
They will most likely be wheaten/bbreds.

Hi everyone,
Does anybody ship eggs to the UK or know of anyone who does? Or has anyone posted before and know wether there are any breeders in the UK, I've never seen any in the UK in till about a month ago when someone sold a BB red cock, didn't have time to get in contact though and can't find him again on the internet. Hope you can all help.
Thanks, Tom

Two year old blue silver hen.

One year old golden birchen cock.

Brown red 4 month old cockerel, close to 4 months old.

Brown red pullet, full sistyer to the brown red cockerel close to 4 months old.

Nice white pullet close to 4 months old.

A black pullet close to 4 months old.

Quote: Go out to porch-sit, and here come Cupid (the stag), Uno and Dos (the pullets) to hang out with us and get petted. (Dos is off the right edge of the picture) Cupid's like "eh, whatever" but the girls seem to enjoy it. :p

Thank you again for these birds. They are SO pleasant to work with and be around. Uno and Dos have been helping us clean out our greenhouse. They wait by our feet, and when the roaches appear, they pounce! I don't think a single one escaped the Cubalaya Death Squad. LOL.

2014 cockerel is looking good, he has no white in the tail, hackle or saddle. That's a huge plus for me even though his tail is a bit high and he's single spurred. He has good width of tail and the proper eye color. Not everything is exactly right, but all in all I'm pleased with him. The hackle looks a bit goldenish here, but when viewed closely with a flashlight it doesn't show as red or golden. I guess we shall see what happens after the next molt.

Back
Top Bottom