Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
It is red Pyle. Color seems fine, not an accepted color anyway, so who's to say what is right or wrong at this point? As long as you like it, great. It's a beautiful color.

I got a trio from Cubalaya on here last summer. That cockerel is part of a group we call the Hooligans, incubated in my daughter's classroom toward the end of school. We also hatched 7 under broodies.

Cats, mice, snakes, you name it, they don't stand a chance in our yard with these guys running loose. My rooster looks a little bewildered right now, mostly concerned with his adult girls and maintaining the appearance of dignity. I think I may only have a month or so to decide which of the older cockerels get to stay.

Late March hatch. Photo was taken June 22, 2012.

and now at just under 4 months....tail is typically held a little higher than the bottom picture.

i like that white troyer , i have one that looks just like him and a black like that too. i have been banned again . thats why i haven't been able to post.

All the light wheatens? and pyles? that you see are either siblings or half siblings. The ones in picture #1 and #6 are siblings out of a blue wheaten cock over a mottled wheaten pyle hen. I guess that's what color she is. All the blue legged ones are from a golden duckwing cock over the same mottled wheaten pyle hen.

What color is the light brown and white one in the picture second from the bottom?

Our (presumed) blue-red from Ideal looks similar. She is 7 weeks old now.

Of your pictures, our other Cubalaya looks most like, though lighter than, your darker one in the 6th from the top.

They are the most friendly of our 6 breeds. Also the smallest by far. Though all the same age, the EE, Favorelle, Ancona and Black Astralorps are twice their size. The Partridge Chanteclers are also bigger but probably only by 50 - 75%.

The Cubalayas go nuts for grass seed, can't get exited by earwigs. On the other hand, the others (especially the smaller Astralorp and one of the Chanteclers) get REAL friendly when they see the 1 quart yogurt container.

Thanks,
Bruce

Some of my red pyle cockerels, mid April hatch. Mother has her back to the camera., she and her wheaton sister jointly brooded and hatched 14 all sired by the same BBR cock.

Back
Top Bottom