Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Thanks. They are starting to smooth out a little. This is my first year with cubas and I am amazed at how much they change as they mature. These pullets are all that are left after my first cull. Going to raise them to one year old and cull again.

Getting a pair of BB red bantam Cubalayas today. I cannot wait. I can't remember what line they are from but they are very nice. Will post pictures later.

Awesome. Where'd you get them (the bantams) from, if you don't mind?

Just a close friend of mine who got them from a close friend of hers and her friend got them straight from the breeder. I can't remember her name though, I'll have to ask again. I'm picking them up this afternoon so I'll post pictures and the name of the breeder this afternoon.

shances are they are either from tim bowsher, cathrine (dont remember her last name), or jim zook. i got my star from cathrine and jim

shances are they are either from tim bowsher, cathrine (dont remember her last name), or jim zook. i got my star from cathrine and jim

They came from Ron Eichner's line. Here are some pictures, sorry for the bad quality, they were taken with my phone.
69E7A7C8-ED6B-4F25-AC37-D780DF8365CB-12481-000009B3AB9D8A22_zps1ce35beb.jpg

FFB526A3-2EBF-46A7-8601-642C6F2CEBCF-12481-000009B3B6A8A58A_zps156056ea.jpg

nice birds but only the male will be showable because they are RJF bbred not cubalaya bbred but not that that is a bad thing. we use to keep some pretty nice ones but sold them also their tails and backs arnt a strait line, but they have red earlobe which i have seen in most of the bantams some of mine have it but im working on getting it out. also your male has red on his breast which you will need a mut hen to fix. do you where ron is located and where he got his origonal stock.

Back
Top Bottom