Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Well,,it's brown red plus blue. A lot of people would call that lemon blue, I'd like to see the hackle lighter for a true lemon blue. I guess blue red Birchen or blue red crow wing, or blue brown red , or blue copper, all would work. Lemon blue sounds good for sure.

He is a darker blue and the lighting is dim, picture taken right before dark. He is definitely a blue though, a black would have the real saturated dark shiny looking tail and breast.

Lemon Blue suits me... It is not easy to get the yellow hackles on a lemon blue. Love the tail spread. I have many solid birds but they are whimps when it comes to the width of my bbreds.

Last edited:
He is a darker blue and the lighting is dim, picture taken right before dark. He is definitely a blue though, a black would have the real saturated dark shiny looking tail and breast.

He is indeed blue.

Last edited:
No other color I've had really competes with the BB Reds in terms of perfection of tail, except possibly the Blue Reds and Duckwings, but, for me, the BB Red tails are the standard I use to judge all the colors. This I why I started crossing the strains/colors extensively this year, hoping for some birds with great tails that were not some sort of duckwing/BB red. This guy shows real progress in that regard, he should be useful in making other colors better in the future..(hopefully..)

Back
Top Bottom