Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Your friend Jesus L was here a couple of weeks ago and saw that bird. He took home some chicks sired by the 2 yr 6 1/4 lb son . I wish I had been able to send more chicks to give him a better chance for more keepers, but one can only work with what one has. .

That's a great looking boy there Oldhound. The size is evident in the massive frame. Nice!!
I am fairly certain I will have some 6+ pound cocks that are true to type in a few months. My grading program is starting to bear fruit...

Thanks, IMO we have the responsibility of breeding within the Standard, yet expressing our preferences at the same time. In the group of Cubalayas I started with my likes tended toward the bigger boned , broader chested birds with heavier shanks so I've gone in that direction. All of my Cubalayas are flawed to some degree or another, but I keep trying. The above cock produced a couple of promising youngsters this year. We'll see how they shape up .

we got a pair of large fowl whites and they took way too long for shipping the hen got here in 2.5 days and the male took almost 5 days. someone gave him water at least

we got a pair of large fowl whites and they took way too long for shipping the hen got here in 2.5 days and the male took almost 5 days. someone gave him water at least
Wow, that is CRAZY, happy they arrived alive. Once they get all hydrated, can't wait to see pics.

Back
Top Bottom