Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Only trying to relate some of my experiences. With me the late twisted toes I attribute to the hard surface of newspapers. Instead of the nail penetrating soil , it turns to the side , bending the toes. I have seen this with puppies also. Not being there I have no way of knowing what the cause is. Some things have to be learned by a process of trial and error and sometimes the reason can elude us.

it has been a strange year for the cubalaya thread. jungleexplorer had to get out of cubalayas after acquiring some nice cubalayas and starting the cubalaya breeders club. all the talk of importing german blood and not another word lately that i have heard. shamoman getting out of cubalayas and dispurseing his birds. all the accusations of what was put into the breed in the past like phoenix, dorking , etc. by some very prominent breeders. it seems like we take a step forward sometime and two steps back. i am pleased with the way most of my cubas are shaping up and look forward to the new year. MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

Billy is getting out of Cubes? I hadn't heard. It's been said for years that Cubes had Phoenix in them. Twissleman started that Dorking crap back in the early 90s. He was full of it then and still is.

Billy is getting out of Cubes? I hadn't heard. It's been said for years that Cubes had Phoenix in them. Twissleman started that Dorking crap back in the early 90s. He was full of it then and still is.
Yes, Billy has already gotten out of Cubalaya, I got most of the stock he had left.

im sorry to hear that
i was talking to him earlier this year about his bantams he too was working on bantam blacks he said does any one know what happened to them? or if they were just a forgoten project

im sorry to hear that
i was talking to him earlier this year about his bantams he too was working on bantam blacks he said does any one know what happened to them? or if they were just a forgoten project
When I visited his farm I saw no bantam blacks. The only black bantam he had was a black Sumatra cock and some type of black mixed breed pullet.

Last edited:
when you have had chickens for as long as he did, i am sure he will miss it and maybe come back to it when things change for him. i hated the few years that i could not keep them and made sure when i moved here that i could raise as many as i wanted. i think troyer will hatch some great birds this year from his additions.

I'm looking for some blue red pullets/hens if anyone has any to spare or knows of anyone who might. I'm in MO about 35 miles from St. Louis.

I should have some Blue Wheaten pullets I can spare. $70 should cover the shipping and box.

I would not want to ship anything this time of the year though. It would have to be after the first of the year. There is just to much mail during Christmas/New Years to be sending birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom