Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

thanks troyer, my duckwings go back to a gold duckwing cock from gallorojo(zook) and the gold wheatons that I got from sandhill. no one would sell me any silver wheaton hens so had to make my own. tried some brother/sister matings this year and got the weird colors. the hen with blue legs is 100% cubalaya and came out of the duckwing pen but not inbred.

Some chicks out of my Brush cockbird who is a wheaten and by all appearances a spangled wheaten hen. The chicks all look like brown reds. Here is the cockbird.

Here are two pictures of the hen.

And here are the chicks. I don't know exactly how they will look like when feathered out. It doesn't seem like it should be possible out of two Wheaten parents. By all appearances they are regular Brown Red chicks. I think there is a possibility that the hen carries unseen melanizers.

The black hen is estimated to be 15 years old. The rooster is 1 year old. No eggs yet and I'm not sure we'll even get any.

This old black hen is dead now. I opened her up after she died and checked for an egg cluster in the ovary and found nothing. I also found a very weak 1 inch section of oviduct. It looked like her production days were over. It was good to have her for the short while that I did.

Back
Top Bottom