Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

I also wanted to say thank you to Jimmy for such a generous offer. It is appreciated but things work out the way they are supposed to
big_smile.png

ok rachael, I will still contact you in sept. to see if you want them. that cockerel fooled me but he is looking pretty good compared to the ones here. I think the best one this year went to a lady in Colorado but haven't seen any pics or heard any comments yet. I probably should have kept that one. I do have this peppered/pyle/white stag that is looking better as he gets older;

here he is again with a yellow legged white stag, and 2 others

Hi, im new to this site and fairly new to chicken keeping. I was given 5 gamefowl chicks a while back and have no clue as to what breed they are. As i was doing some google searching i came across this post. This picture is two of the gamefowl chicks i have at 10 weeks old. The other three look different from these. Can anyone tell me what these are? I will try to get some pics of the other three i have.

Hi, im new to this site and fairly new to chicken keeping. I was given 5 gamefowl chicks a while back and have no clue as to what breed they are. As i was doing some google searching i came across this post. This picture is two of the gamefowl chicks i have at 10 weeks old. The other three look different from these. Can anyone tell me what these are? I will try to get some pics of the other three i have.

. will probably cull a few stags next week. have a big sale at gilmanor in sept. and have some birds to ship when it gets cool. hopefully will cut down to 30 (cubalayas, asils and grades) birds by oct. would like to eventually cut down to 24 every winter.

Last edited:
I am a little confused about the cubalayas.

Are the wheatons the tan colored? Are they a different type of cubalaya or just a different color?

If I were to get blue/red should I expect to not get the tan or white?

I am a little confused about the cubalayas.

Are the wheatons the tan colored? Are they a different type of cubalaya or just a different color?

If I were to get blue/red should I expect to not get the tan or white?

cubalayas come in many colors . the wheaton is the cinnamon colored hen while the male is black breasted red. blue reds should produce blue red but other colors may show up depending on recessive genes in the parents

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom