Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Thanks Troyer. i just found white in the tail of the third tonight - is that a deal killer?
Pretty much.
sad.png

Such is life I suppose. I got a glimpse in the yard and was worried. I conformed it later when he roosted. I came back in the house aggravated...my wife just rolled her eyes when I told her why. :)

What JAT said. My best white pullet this year also has some black spots. Time for more pictures...I think I may even have a couple solid black cockerels!

In this one she is running across the yard with her tail as high as it goes. She is 7/8 cubalaya

Like many of this year's crop, she has white legs with a gray wash, but her eye and beak are slightly yellowish

Last edited:
What JAT said. My best white pullet this year also has some black spots. Time for more pictures...I think I may even have a couple solid black cockerels!
Solid black cockerels would be really GREAT! That's a feat a lot of us have been longing for, for years. I also like your 7/8 white pullet a lot, she looks great for being a grade.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/352331/lightbox/post/14039595/id/6547327

This is one of two youngsters who appear solid black and are sprouting pointy hackles. I think they will be smallish. They are from black hens and my old white cock, who isn't real big. One is 1/8 Jap, the other straight cubalaya.

Their saddle hackle was very slow to appear. Each has a white spot on the tip of the wing, which I hope they will shed with their baby feathers. It is early to tell what their tails might look like

Back
Top Bottom