Cuckoo Maran x French Wheaten Maran

128chickens

Hatching
5 Years
May 8, 2014
UK
Hi, I failed to find any information or threads on this cross, hopefully someone can help me?

A few years ago, my dad, who's a full time farmer decided to rescue 10 warrens. From this, the field outside of our farm house is now the home to 100 and something free range hens. We also keep a number of Roos.
A few weeks back, my dad decided to cross a few of our Cuckoo Maran Hens with our French Wheaten Maran roo. So here's the question(s), is this cross already an established variety cross/is there a name for the cross? Can you auto sex the chicks, if so how? Does anyone have any photos of the cross (preferably the chicks)?
I'm good with purebreds, I have been able to auto sex most the chicks we have hatched, however, this one has thrown me. The chicks are due to hatch today, we can already hear them and see them working their ways out of their shells, so fast responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help; it'll be much appreciated
smile.png

Hi, I failed to find any information or threads on this cross, hopefully someone can help me?

A few years ago, my dad, who's a full time farmer decided to rescue 10 warrens. From this, the field outside of our farm house is now the home to 100 and something free range hens. We also keep a number of Roos.
A few weeks back, my dad decided to cross a few of our Cuckoo Maran Hens with our French Wheaten Maran roo. So here's the question(s), is this cross already an established variety cross/is there a name for the cross? Can you auto sex the chicks, if so how? Does anyone have any photos of the cross (preferably the chicks)?
I'm good with purebreds, I have been able to auto sex most the chicks we have hatched, however, this one has thrown me. The chicks are due to hatch today, we can already hear them and see them working their ways out of their shells, so fast responses will be much appreciated.

Thanks for the help; it'll be much appreciated
smile.png
Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I'm guessing you found the answers to your questions by now. From what I've read, crossing a Cuckoo with a Wheaten produces a Golden Cuckoo Marans. Do you have pictures of your chicks when they were first hatched? I'd love to see them if you do. I bought several GCM chicks recently, and they range in color from red, to black, to buff. If I could see pictures of your chicks, I think it would help me figure out some of the genetics in my little flock. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom