Cuckoo marans

3 or 4 month old pullets do no lay eggs.

the eggs are larger for a pullet there is 1 white one in the middle is from. pullet or bantam

the specked egg look like a marans eggs but could be from a cross carried forward,

nice eggs any way .

chooka man

http://webstartsshoppingcart.com/shopping-cart/store/catalog.php?userid=140789&pid=146&op=display

I bought them as Clean Legged Cuckoo Marans, sexed, from Beau Peep Farms. One of the four is a runt and another a cockerel. I am suspicious that a third is also a male. I also purchased five Amauracanas from them as well which appear to be mixes at best and Easter Egggers at best. The chicks are just over four months old. I have never had a speckled egg from my other girls before so was wondering if one of the marans was possibly laying.

Audio, I know it's very frustrating to wait for positive sex id. I have spent hours of computer time checking pics of hens and Roos. I have 25 different breeds so multiply the agony! Can't keep roosters in LA. Have 5 so far of 40. Have socked one. Homemade crow decibel lowering. It's an alternative to no crow collar. Has muffled crow. I feel your pain and anxiety. Bless you. Take a deep breath and pray. Time will tell...I have finally decided to let go. Whoosh...that was the breath I've been holding since my chick order came.

Yes they are marans or marans crosses.
they look to me they area good type .the one in the right photos by it self is a pullets .nice long back .tail with a nice angle .well feathered shanks.
the other 2 in the left photos with the others one is a boy the lighter one the other by the door i can t see him /her.
can you take a photos of this 2 separate close shot will be nice .

chooks man
I found your information helpful too though I am not yet a breeder. I have 3 Silver Cuckoo Marans and pair of Blue Barred Cuckoo Marans. The sex of the silvers is still a question. You are a kind as well as informative man. May Jesus Richly bless you! My Marans sex please?

It is only the speckled egg whose provedence I am questioning. The birds are Canadian sourced, not sure if that makes a difference. My goal is a multi-coloured basket if eggs, and with that I am happy. If I dont get some of the rich chocolate brown eggs from these hens, can you suggest a breed that would lay them? I am going to check their pubic bones today to see if any of the "marans" are laying.

Much appreciated,

Jayce

Back
Top Bottom