"CURB APEAL" How to make my coops more attractive to look at while being thrifty.

Individual colors in each of your coops will make them stand out. If you want them to not stand out, then keep the same color scheme for all of them. Maybe one color for the main parts and one for trim. Using the same trim color but different main colors will help to tie the different coops together so they have a cohesive look. I like the idea of using plants to dress things up, and painting flowers on the coops would be cute too!

I was looking through the state fair contests and discovered barn quilts. How about that?

1672961354613.png

The first suggestion I would make is natural things - plants! Consider your climate and hardiness zone for planting. Also, search to make certain the chickens won't devour the plantings/make certain non-toxic. After considering what thrives in your area and light exposure, determine if you want to outlay for established plantings or grow from seed. That is economical, and you can save the seeds each year (or not need to if perennials) Plantings around the coops and baskets or containers really spruce up ordinary. Next, yard art or statuaries. You can turn all sorts of things into garden art. (Do a quick search for homemade yard art for ideas) Next, stain or paint. This can add to a plain coop. a
What a great tip. I'm going to employ some of your suggestions for my own set-up

My coop build cost about $1200 in materials. I built it myself.

Many folks have spent quite a bit more but mine is not only very functional but aesthetically would hold its own in any HOA id be willing to bet.

Since you still haven't provided pics of your coop for us to give advice on, I'll just show you mine....

20221023_162436.jpg
20221023_155142.jpg
20221023_155110.jpg
9192.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom