Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Not a new movie but series I followed pretty good, 'Another Life' on Netflix, just saw they have a second season on now :yesss:
Katee Sackhoff (BattleStar Galactica, Longmire, The Mandalorian) is main character.

Saw Greenland tonight. Very good but a little long. Also a lot of it I just got angry at because why dont you have a go bag? Who cares what the weather is? Why dont you listen to your husband when he says "stay here Ill be right back." There was so much drama in this movie that would have been 100 percent avoidable is they had a predetermined plan. I guess thats why I dont care for dramas in general. As much as their bumbling around made me irritated I did enjoy the film

Saw Greenland tonight. Very good but a little long. Also a lot of it I just got angry at because why dont you have a go bag? Who cares what the weather is? Why dont you listen to your husband when he says "stay here Ill be right back." There was so much drama in this movie that would have been 100 percent avoidable is they had a predetermined plan. I guess thats why I dont care for dramas in general. As much as their bumbling around made me irritated I did enjoy the film
Thanks for the review!

Love Hard

Thought we'd catch a new release on Netflix. Unwittingly, we watched our first Christmas movie of the year. I will admit, it was kind of cheesy, funny and cute. It's about a writer -- think Sarah Jessica Parker's character in "Sex and the City" -- who chronicles her disaster dates with internet swipes in the area of Hollywood and Los Angeles. Her friend suggests she expand her hunting area and -- lo and behold! -- she finds the perfect guy out in Lake Placid, NY. They hit it off really well via internet and cell phone until she decides to surprise him with a visit over the Christmas holidays. Ahh, the perils and pitfalls of dating apps.

Runs 1 hour 46 minutes. Stars Nina Dobrev and Jimmy O. Yang. Directed by Hernán Jiménez.

(I did spot a rather big mistake in the movie plot involving her boss and a later party that wasn't explained and, really, could not have happened the way it was scripted and doesn't seem to be a cutting room floor mishap but a story dereliction. But despite that, it was a fun watch nonetheless.)

Love Hard

Thought we'd catch a new release on Netflix. Unwittingly, we watched our first Christmas movie of the year. I will admit, it was kind of cheesy, funny and cute. It's about a writer -- think Sarah Jessica Parker's character in "Sex and the City" -- who chronicles her disaster dates with internet swipes in the area of Hollywood and Los Angeles. Her friend suggests she expand her hunting area and -- lo and behold! -- she finds the perfect guy out in Lake Placid, NY. They hit it off really well via internet and cell phone until she decides to surprise him with a visit over the Christmas holidays. Ahh, the perils and pitfalls of dating apps.

Runs 1 hour 46 minutes. Stars Nina Dobrev and Jimmy O. Yang. Directed by Hernán Jiménez.

(I did spot a rather big mistake in the movie plot involving her boss and a later party that wasn't explained and, really, could not have happened the way it was scripted and doesn't seem to be a cutting room floor mishap but a story dereliction. But despite that, it was a fun watch nonetheless.)
Thanks for the review!

Dune is worth seeing. Streaming on HBO Max if you don't want to hit the theater. It's a much better protrayal of the source material than the David Lynch version was (and I didn't mind that version but it had to shove a LOT into s short runtime and just didn't feel right.) If you're a Dune fan, you will enjoy it. Unless you're my Mom and refuse to watch it because it doesn't have Kyle MacLachlan in it.

One thing of note. It's Part1. :)

Dune is worth seeing. Streaming on HBO Max if you don't want to hit the theater. It's a much better protrayal of the source material than the David Lynch version was (and I didn't mind that version but it had to shove a LOT into s short runtime and just didn't feel right.) If you're a Dune fan, you will enjoy it. Unless you're my Mom and refuse to watch it because it doesn't have Kyle MacLachlan in it.

thanks for the review!

Definitely going to watch that! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom