Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Loved the new 'Elvis" movie, but the choppy editing at the beginning almost made me turn it off. Glad I stuck it out and it settled down as this is probably the best biopic thus far for him.

(I sort of assume that the technique was perhaps to reflect Col. Tom Parker's life flashing before his eyes?)

Where the crawdad sings has a low rating on rotten tomatoes. Let us know what you think of it!

If you're into action movies, this film is NOT for you. However, I found the film delightful and kind of reminiscent of "To Kill a Mockingbird" in its theme and cadence. (Okay, too, I'm a sucker for deep south locale films.) My DH -- one who thrives on bullets, car chases and exploding helicopters -- enjoyed it and was talking about the twist ending several days afterwards. At last, a movie that made him ponder and think!

If you're into action movies, this film is NOT for you. However, I found the film delightful and kind of reminiscent of "To Kill a Mockingbird" in its theme and cadence. (Okay, too, I'm a sucker for deep south locale films.) My DH -- one who thrives on bullets, car chases and exploding helicopters -- enjoyed it and was talking about the twist ending several days afterwards. At last, a movie that made him ponder and think!
Thanks for the review!
I can rent the movie on Amazon prime. I might watch it this weekend.

Bullet Train

Five assorted assassins on a high-speed train... His pick and just up my DH's alley, but -- Surprise! -- this was a very fun movie. Had sort of a Quentin Tarantino vibe, but with a lot more humor and a lot less gore.

This film runs 2 hours and 7 minutes, but it goes by quickly. There is A LOT of action in this film and a lot of characters, so it got a little difficult to keep track of who was alive or dead at points and by whom. Lots of twists right up to the very end.

David Leitch (John Wick, Deadpool 2) directed. Stars Brad Pitt, Joey King, Brian Tyree Henry, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Andrew Koji. Cameos by Sandra Bullock, Tatum Channing, Ryan Reynolds, Bad Bunny, Zazie Beetz and Michael Shannon. Set in Japan but filmed for the most part in Culver City. Rated R. In theaters and just dropped on Redbox.

Bullet Train

Five assorted assassins on a high-speed train... His pick and just up my DH's alley, but -- Surprise! -- this was a very fun movie. Had sort of a Quentin Tarantino vibe, but with a lot more humor and a lot less gore.

This film runs 2 hours and 7 minutes, but it goes by quickly. There is A LOT of action in this film and a lot of characters, so it got a little difficult to keep track of who was alive or dead at points and by whom. Lots of twists right up to the very end.

David Leitch (John Wick, Deadpool 2) directed. Stars Brad Pitt, Joey King, Brian Tyree Henry, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Andrew Koji. Cameos by Sandra Bullock, Tatum Channing, Ryan Reynolds, Bad Bunny, Zazie Beetz and Michael Shannon. Set in Japan but filmed for the most part in Culver City. Rated R. In theaters and just dropped on Redbox.
Thanks for the review!

It is in my watchlist on Amazon now.

Bodies, Bodies, Bodies

Viewing this movie can be summed up simply as "Nope, nope, NOPE!"

A group of elite tweenagers (20-somethings) gather at a mansion for a bacchanal hurricane party and after consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol they start playing games in the dark which horrifically backfire. IMHO, none of the characters are likeable -- indeed, they all have severe personality defects and social flaws -- and I secretly wished the coke that they were snorting was pure fentanyl so the movie would soon blissfully end without having to endure more of the gathering's ridiculous histrionics.

Personally, I am amazed this movie wasn't straight-to-video and actually played in theaters.
Rated R, 1 hour 35 minutes, horror genre. Released in 2022. Filmed in New York.

Bodies, Bodies, Bodies

Viewing this movie can be summed up simply as "Nope, nope, NOPE!"

A group of elite tweenagers (20-somethings) gather at a mansion for a bacchanal hurricane party and after consuming copious amounts of drugs and alcohol they start playing games in the dark which horrifically backfire. IMHO, none of the characters are likeable -- indeed, they all have severe personality defects and social flaws -- and I secretly wished the coke that they were snorting was pure fentanyl so the movie would soon blissfully end without having to endure more of the gathering's ridiculous histrionics.

Personally, I am amazed this movie wasn't straight-to-video and actually played in theaters.
Rated R, 1 hour 35 minutes, horror genre. Released in 2022. Filmed in New York.
Thanks for the review!

We've seen 3 movies recently.

"Bros" - we found it to be somewhat cliched but funny and entertaining. 2.5 stars

"Amsterdam" - we were the only people in the theater and left in the middle of the movie.

"Ticket to Paradise" - light entertainment we enjoyed it. 2.5 stars

Back
Top Bottom