Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Maneater

Yours Truly is a mega fan of Shark Week. I'm all for a good shark movie....but this is not it! I don't know what the shark puppet was made of, but once submerged in the water it turned all wrinkly. Plus the dentals were not very convincing nor the attacks. This shark was HUGE -- like 15 to 20 feet huge -- but able to navigate 2-foot deep water. All in all, rather unconvincing. So not a film for shark aficionados, but if you enjoy nubile young things in bikinis, then this movie is for you.

Trace Atkins has moved off from B westerns into the role of angry boat captain. Jeff Fahey as a marine professor. Nicky Whelan also co-stars, plus others not readily known. Written and directed by Justin Lee. Rated R. 1 hr and 26 minutes. Released late August and just dropped on Redbox.

This made me laugh.

IT.jpg

"IT" Chicken edition

Maneater

Yours Truly is a mega fan of Shark Week. I'm all for a good shark movie....but this is not it! I don't know what the shark puppet was made of, but once submerged in the water it turned all wrinkly. Plus the dentals were not very convincing nor the attacks. This shark was HUGE -- like 15 to 20 feet huge -- but able to navigate 2-foot deep water. All in all, rather unconvincing. So not a film for shark aficionados, but if you enjoy nubile young things in bikinis, then this movie is for you.

Trace Atkins has moved off from B westerns into the role of angry boat captain. Jeff Fahey as a marine professor. Nicky Whelan also co-stars, plus others not readily known. Written and directed by Justin Lee. Rated R. 1 hr and 26 minutes. Released late August and just dropped on Redbox.
Thanks for the review!

I will stay away from this one.

Nope

Jordan Peele's latest -- he brought us "Get Out" and "Us" -- and the film is a little slow and pokey in the beginning, but definitely thought-provoking once it warms up. A struggling Hollywood horse wrangler's ranch is besot by mysterious activities that affect people and animals alike and which ramp up exponentially once his sister comes to visit. [The title is the wrangler's catchphrase when confronted with the confounding.] The special effects are splendid and almost hypnotic and fascinating as things literally unfold, kind of like watching a tornado approach or a train wreck as it's hard to turn away.

Rated R; Horror, mystery, thriller, sci-fi; 2 hours 15 minutes

Saw "Tar" yesterday. For me the movie was a bit disjointed, but Cate Blanchett's performance was outstanding. We'll go 2.5 stars on this movie.

Saw "Armageddon Time" today. I'll go 2.5 stars, and the Princess gives it 3 stars. If anyone else sees/has seen this film, I would love to hear your interpretation of the ending.

Back
Top Bottom