Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Saw Dune Pt 2. If you liked pt 1, you will like pt 2. There are some departures from the book that I'm OK with. No movie is ever perfectly accurate, and in this case it works. If they decide to do Messiah though, it'll be... Interesting.
I loved both parts of Dune. Not having been a previous fan of the books or the other adaptations. I’m a big Star Wars fan and the world building and quality of story puts Star Wars to shame. Its also very clear that George Lucas ripped off much of Dune when he created Star Wars. I have far less respect for Star Wars now that I’ve experienced a good adaptation of Dune.

I have read summarizes of the book Dune Messiah that is supposed to be Dune part 3 for the purposes of this set of new movies. I sort of hope the third movie doesn’t jump ahead in time like Dune Messiah does. I’d rather see them use the background source material and flesh out the “thing” that happens chronologically right after the end of the second movie. I don’t want to hear about “it” 12 years after the fact.

Forever My Girl (Rated PG)
- I don't cry for movies, but when Grandma and Mom watched it, Niagara falls running down their cheeks :rolleyes: 💦 - So if you cry for movies, I guess you might have to watch out for this one. :confused: -

We get together about once a month and watch a movie together, they always pick the tear jerkers! 😜 😏

Anyway, I'm normally not one for chickflicks as they call them, but this one was just okay. I would say watch it, it's a fairly new movie, pretty good. But, my grandma and mom would say different, mom texted probably 5 different people recommending.

I loved both parts of Dune. Not having been a previous fan of the books or the other adaptations. I’m a big Star Wars fan and the world building and quality of story puts Star Wars to shame. Its also very clear that George Lucas ripped off much of Dune when he created Star Wars. I have far less respect for Star Wars now that I’ve experienced a good adaptation of Dune.

I have read summarizes of the book Dune Messiah that is supposed to be Dune part 3 for the purposes of this set of new movies. I sort of hope the third movie doesn’t jump ahead in time like Dune Messiah does. I’d rather see them use the background source material and flesh out the “thing” that happens chronologically right after the end of the second movie. I don’t want to hear about “it” 12 years after the fact.
I was OK with the David Lynch 1984 adaptation. There are some things I wish they'd left alone in this adaptation but I understand why they changed them to better tell this story. I've loved it so far too.

I will always be a Star Wars kid first and foremost. But I'm not so blinded to not see where George clearly appropriated ideas from either :)

I was OK with the David Lynch 1984 adaptation. There are some things I wish they'd left alone in this adaptation but I understand why they changed them to better tell this story. I've loved it so far too.

I will always be a Star Wars kid first and foremost. But I'm not so blinded to not see where George clearly appropriated ideas from either :)
Tatoonie.
Spice.
Sand People.
The Jedi mind trick.
The Jedi themselves.
Sand crawlers.
Krayt dragons.
Lobot.
Light saber combat.
The Chosen One and a misconstrued prophesy.
The Empire.

…. and Anakin Skywalker’s story arc.

Uggh I am ruined on Star Wars now! There I though Lucas was a brilliant visionary. He just knew how to repackage the idea and make it more accessible to the masses.

Saw Dune Pt 2. If you liked pt 1, you will like pt 2. There are some departures from the book that I'm OK with. No movie is ever perfectly accurate, and in this case it works. If they decide to do Messiah though, it'll be... Interesting.
I love the original! Saw part 1 of the remake and was really getting into it right before it ended, I'm excited to see the second part!

Forever My Girl (Rated PG)
- I don't cry for movies, but when Grandma and Mom watched it, Niagara falls running down their cheeks :rolleyes: 💦 - So if you cry for movies, I guess you might have to watch out for this one. :confused: -

We get together about once a month and watch a movie together, they always pick the tear jerkers! 😜 😏

Anyway, I'm normally not one for chickflicks as they call them, but this one was just okay. I would say watch it, it's a fairly new movie, pretty good. But, my grandma and mom would say different, mom texted probably 5 different people recommending.
They would love "The Fault in Our Stars", I am not a crier, but that movie touches deep down

Tatoonie.
Spice.
Sand People.
The Jedi mind trick.
The Jedi themselves.
Sand crawlers.
Krayt dragons.
Lobot.
Light saber combat.
The Chosen One and a misconstrued prophesy.
The Empire.

…. and Anakin Skywalker’s story arc.

Uggh I am ruined on Star Wars now! There I though Lucas was a brilliant visionary. He just knew how to repackage the idea and make it more accessible to the masses.
The only people who repackaged the ideas and made it new was Disney by appropriation and j.k. Rowling by straight up copying

Back
Top Bottom