Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

I saw "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" the other week. Tina Fey plays a journalist sent to the Mid East war zone to cover news stories. It alternates between comedy and drama, but not really solid on either. What's interesting, though, is that nearly the whole movie was filmed in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Indeed, the mountain views in the helicopter flight scenes are exactly what I see outside my kitchen window! Kind of odd that New Mexico can double for Afghanistan, but I guess if you haven't been to either you wouldn't know the difference.

Wasn't too jazzed with the movie. I'm gathering that the film is an homage to Tina's late father, a journalist. I give it about a 3 on 5, mainly because I liked the fly-by scenery.

Thanks Peep Show. I'm still using my gift card from Xmas - never happened before. The movies have been pretty much stinky this year. I should have enough left for "Civil War," and maybe X-Men new movie if I choose to go.

I should have enough left for "Civil War," and maybe X-Men new movie if I choose to go.
I saw a promo for the new captain america and it said that it's set after the avengers:age of ultron events, so I need to see that movie first. Luckily they've got it at the shops on dvd, so I'll "have" to buy it. I didn't know there was a new x-men coming out. Is Wolverine in it? please say yes, please say yes..... LOL

X-Men: Apocalypse - I checked out the cast on Rotten tomatoes, no sign of Wolverine - sorry. I like him too. It comes out (USA) May 27.

Maybe you could rent Avengers:Age of Ultron - I didn't think it was a very good movie, it would save you money if you can rent it.

Maybe you could rent Avengers:Age of Ultron - I didn't think it was a very good movie, it would save you money if you can rent it.
There is (or was, hopefully it's still there) a rental place up the road, but I find it hard to sit and watch a movie all the way through. If I buy a copy, I can stop and start it and come back to it.... I've got movies that I've bought and haven't watched yet.

You can pause rentals - my son kept doing so he could get a snack and it drove me nuts. He'd wait till it got to a real good part and then PAUSE.

You can pause rentals - my son kept doing so he could get a snack and it drove me nuts. He'd wait till it got to a real good part and then PAUSE.
Yes, I know you can pause it, but you only get it overnight (on a new title). When I say I stop and start it, I don't mean on the same day
lol.png

They've been showing trailers on TV for a new movie about Florence Foster Jenkins.  Meryl Streep is the star.  It looks good, I'm going to see it.  
I just saw her on The Graham Norton Show talking about that film! I think it's gonna be great. I would like to see it too!

Potato Chip, I just viewed the Last X-men trailer . If you can go online to "rottentomatoes.com" you will see a bit of something almost off camera to the right - something that will please you, as it did me.

Potato Chip, I just viewed the Last X-men trailer . If you can go online to "rottentomatoes.com" you will see a bit of something almost off camera to the right - something that will please you, as it did me.
Thanks, doesn't play on my computer, but it must be "my" wolverine. sigh. I see Hugh Jackman's listed in the cast list.... yay! YAY!

Saw also that Kodi Smit-McPhee's in it. He's an Australian. He was in a movie with Eric Bana called "Romulus, My Father" when he was younger Worth seeing, but not if you are feeling a bit low. It's a real tear-jerker.

Back
Top Bottom