cutest chicken names!

We have Trouble and Mischief our two Buff Orps., Salt and Pepper our White rock and our Barred Rock. Then their is Dundee our Australorp, after Crocodile Dundee. Shakira our Columbian Wyandotte, and Chinook our Salmon Fav. We have one little red sex link pullet with no name yet, I am thinking of just calling her Mango as its the only thing my DH and I can agree on other then Aunt Flo, but I dunno that just feels wrong. LOL

mango sounds good.

why do you call your buff orps trouble and mischief? I have a buff orp cockerel and he is one of the sweetest chickens I have.

Hennie, Pennie, Ziggie, Twiggie, Lillie and Milllie.

Update: I now have Harry, Zeglar instead of Hennie and Ziggie!!! One of my neighbors is taking one but I am not sure what to do with the other. I can not cull them.

Last edited:
mango sounds good.

why do you call your buff orps trouble and mischief? I have a buff orp cockerel and he is one of the sweetest chickens I have.

They are nice birds but not super friendly, plus they are always causing some sort of shenanigans in the brooder. I wanted to name one Trouble to start with and since those two are kind of like a clique I decided to call the other mischief. Plus Trubel(pronounced trouble) is a fav. character of mine from the show Grimm.

I have 15 chickens

Easter Eggers -- marshmallow dumpling, clementines, lovey-dovey.
Golden Wyandots -- Ginger, Topaz, Noel
Barred rock-- Lucy, saltNpeppa,Opal
Black giants -- Ethel, judy, Valentina
Buff Orpington --Daphne, Spring, Buffy

I named my chickens with my kids:

Silver Americauna - Storm
Buff Laced Polish - Buffy
Gold americauna - Cheetah
Black Australorp - Bagheera
Black Australorp - Gretis
Black copper maran - Donut. We were eating donuts that morning. I tried to make it "Donna" but my kids are 100% convinced her name is Donut.

Meet Chocobo.

She is a Buff Orpington, two days old in this picture, she's a week old now and will soon be leading her flock in Chocobo races.

Her favorite pastimes include taking a running leap off the Momma Heating pad right onto her sister's backs, roosting majestically in my hand, peeping demandingly at bedtime until I tuck her in, stretching her legs, and pooping prolifically!

I have too many chickens to list all their names :) but i have...
Mary
Edith
Isobel
Cora
Rose
Maxine
Izze
Phyllis
Edelweiss
Kylie
Camilla
Skitter

Just to let y'all know... i can not look at a lot of my chickens and say "oh look, its rose" or "hey kylie"
Just in case you all thought i was some chicken-name-remembering-genius :) lol

Back
Top Bottom